• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
YIKES, make sure Diane takes it slow and easy. Not fun driving with a lot of snow on the ground.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I always tell her, "Drive carefully!" And she always says, "I'll try." I'm not thrilled with that answer. Do or do not, there is no try. Just makes me worry until she's home safely.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
I understand what you're saying, but sometimes the situation (especially when dealing with Mother Nature), has the upper hand, no matter what you do.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I hit a strange patch tonight while stopping at a stop light on my commute home. It wasn't cold enough yet (still in the 50s) to be ice, and it had been raining for several days, so it seems odd for it to have been an oil slick. Whatever it was, anti-lock braking engaged, so it wasn't my imagination!

I was already driving cautiously because it's so hard to see the traffic lanes when the streets are wet, but I drove even more cautiously after that.

I'm so not looking forward to the commute in the morning when it's supposed to be snowing.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I know, and I'm glad I don't have to go out until late afternoon tomorrow. It isn't going to be pretty driving here tomorrow morning either.

DanaTA

Distinguished
For here, they're saying it will be the wet, heavy stuff. Not good for snowblowers. I can't be out in it, anyway. Diane is going to telecommute again. Thankfully!

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh, glad to hear Diane's staying home today.

Well, we got no snow, but a whole lot of rain. On the news last night they predicated about 2 inches of rain, but only "maybe" an inch of snow, but when I looked out the window earlier, I didn't see any show around anywhere. I don't know what they got (or didn't get) out on Long Island, as the weather report said they would get more as the storm traveled up the coastline in a northeasterly direction. I'm glad as I have to go out later this afternoon, and I wasn't looking forward to trudging through any snow.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Well, Diane went out today, anyway. She was gone when I woke up. I heard the plow go by at least three times since I've been up. We were expecting 2 to 4 inches. Probably got 4, by the way it was coming down earlier. Sunny, now.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
We had sun in the late afternoon as well, and now the moon is out, and it's full, and the sky is clear around it, so not much in the way of clouds. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
We had sun this morning, and parts of the afternoon, but we got a light dusting of snow in the past hour. It only accumulated on grassy areas, plants, trees, and any cars parked on the street. The streets and sidewalks, however,, are just wet. I'm just wondering if any of it will turn icy overnight when the temp drops.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
over 40c today

bushfires surrounding my area 15 - 30km ( 10-20 miles miles ) away to the west and north... south is further away...

a very orange day outside today :inverted: