• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Jan

Adventurous
All afternoon today several planes, one after another, were filling up in the Crookhaven River. I don't know which fire they were fighting, but on my way home from Town (Nowra) I saw huge plumes of smoke and noticed the planes. The fire seemed close but was a distance away. When I arrived home my husband said that the planes had been working all afternoon. I did manage to take a video and some photos, but not that good, they were travelling so fast down the river. Needless to say it was noisy, but heck what's a bit of noise compared to the destruction these fires are causing.
Two deaths today of volunteer fire fighters when a tree branch fell on the truck, rolling it. The other three were injured. They were only young fathers too, so sad.

These fires surrounding the East Coast of New South Wales have been devestating - there are so many and big.
FirePlane3a.jpg

Hope you can stay safe Stezza where you are.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
It's about 30º here today, but it's going to be nice and sunny so, yes, a nicer day today.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
All afternoon today several planes, one after another, were filling up in the Crookhaven River. I don't know which fire they were fighting, but on my way home from Town (Nowra) I saw huge plumes of smoke and noticed the planes. The fire seemed close but was a distance away. When I arrived home my husband said that the planes had been working all afternoon. I did manage to take a video and some photos, but not that good, they were travelling so fast down the river. Needless to say it was noisy, but heck what's a bit of noise compared to the destruction these fires are causing.
Two deaths today of volunteer fire fighters when a tree branch fell on the truck, rolling it. The other three were injured. They were only young fathers too, so sad.

These fires surrounding the East Coast of New South Wales have been devestating - there are so many and big.
View attachment 54807

Hope you can stay safe Stezza where you are.

yep, the planes were going over us all arvo.. heading to the Tianjara fire..

Catastrophic conditions for us today, lots of smoke around with burnt leaves and ash falling into the yard the same day as the photo.

but we'll carry on rendering :inverted: :sun:

43C predicted for today...

Jan

Adventurous
Catastrophic conditions for us today, lots of smoke around with burnt leaves and ash falling into the yard the same day as the photo.

but we'll carry on rendering :inverted: :sun:
Us too, had several warnings via phone and SMS re fires near me - Greenwell Point which is just across the river, and Culburra Beach which we have to go through to reach our place at Orient Point, in fact they had the road closed into Culburra for a long while probably because of the Forest Road blaze at Comberton.

Ash and burnt leaves were raining from an eerie sky here too.
Burnt Leaf3.jpg

Attachments

• View of Fire Sky 21-12-2019.jpg
    View of Fire Sky 21-12-2019.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 153

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Stay safe Jan and everyone there. Get a to go bag ready just in case. Have the pet carriers handy.

Reactions: Jan

Stezza

Dances with Bees
what a day... @Jan was like the apocalypse wasn't it .. day turned into night!

was thinking of you when your part was deemed too late to leave! the fire here created it's own weather system with thunder and even a bit of rain, amazing!

here's a selfie of moi.. taken at 4pm in the afternoon when it went dark.. it doesn't get dark till 8pm!

it was very eerie and scary but we are safe.. didn't get any renders done though!

a lot cooler today around 20C

1576971488619.png

Stezza

Dances with Bees
all our solar Christmas lights came on and our dog thought it was dinner time!

stayed dark for about two hours.. then light... then the dog was confused lol

Jan

Adventurous
@Stezza, yes it was a "funny sort of a day :mad: ;)". Getting the alerts mentioning our area was very disconcerting for they said it was embers going well ahead of the fires that was dangerous and that is what has happened in so many of these fire zones. It is not only our State experiencing big fires, but other Australian States have them too at the moment. Another fire death in South Australia was announced this morning.

The only road into Culburra Beach was closed yesterday for a long while because of a raging bushfire at Comberton (Forest Road) and the Pyree Road was also closed, so access to our area was nil. Planning on getting into our boat and going on the river out front if we are threatened. I just finished hosing black soot and burnt leaves of the car and driveway, it was walking inside on the dog's feet and ours :somad:
Glad you are safe so far, just lets hope they get some luck with weather for containing these fires. Too much National Park land around- lots inaccessible.

This is a photo of our wild friendly Sulphur-crested Cockatoo. He has been coming for years and I think he was an escapee or set loose. He is a loner mostly, but does fly with the huge noisy flock at times. H
Noddy On Balcony-Fire Day2a.jpg
e now has a mate who 'hangs' with him and is not scared of us. they had a youngster this season also. We will give them some bread by hand, but not when the flock is present. Noddy is his name and he sits on the balcony parading back and forth, looking in the windows at us.

Jan

Adventurous
@Stezza, if you had these Nowra Hill+ fires on New Years Eve reach your area, are you OK. I am Ok where I am-just had the same phenomena of sky turn to night, burnt leaves, sooty ash rain drops and storm generated thunder and lightning and of course, smoke as on 22nd December with the Forest Road Fire.

The Coast of New South Wales and Victoria is burning and other spots in other States also - total devastation - it is awful.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
@Jan we are safe for the moment... catastrophic conditions return on Saturday, fires are at Sussex Inlet just across the bay and spotties are coming up the Wool road.. we were packed up yesterday ready for evacuation, we have power and communications here but from Sussex Inlet south to Victoria has no comms/internet/power.. and multiple towns have been destroyed.

we're using the scanner app to keep right up to date as the Live Roads & Fires Near Me are struggling for up to date info.

Keep safe during these scary times o_O :inverted:

Stezza

Dances with Bees
if you are a twitter user search 'conjola' and/or 'nowra' for tweets on yesterdays devastation .. keeping as safe as we can, Saturday will be the day to watch out for ... hanging in there .. I think I'll do some modeling.. for no particular reason a '30 Ford Woody comes to mind :cool: :flower02: