• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well, there was another bit on the news just now about what you folks Down Under are going through, and they even had a video taken in a pilot's cabin of an airplane that was flying above the Bush Fires, which showed nothing but thick solid red/orange smoke. That's really scary looking. I don't know how you folks can live through that, but here's hoping it ends, or at least tapers off to more controlled circumstances sooner, rather than later.

Sending good thoughts your way. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

DanaTA

Distinguished
On the Boston 25 news tonight, they showed how much area that has burned would be here...all of Massachusetts and New Hampshire combined! :oops: :( That's really scary!

Dana

Stezza

Dances with Bees
big isn't it!

this is today's small snapshot... 303648ha of land burned or burning... it is currently being controlled but FRYday & the weekend sees the return of hot weather low humidity and hot NWer winds from the red centre again...

getting ready for another hit.. the circled bit is the area where Jan and myself are

today is smokey and around 25c ...

1578438076386.png

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I've been MIA because I've been sick. The worst of our Fires (for now) were before Christmas, the lower states are now copping it.
My brother is a police officer on the border of NSW/Vic and might have to got to the front-lines of the fires. They just had a record temperature of 48 c (118.4 F) in his area.

Miss B

CV-BEE
YAY, Rae is IN THE HOUSE!!! Good to hear from you, and sorry to hear you've been sick.

So from what you've posted, your Bush Fires headed south, and that's why NSW is getting the brunt of it now. Here's hoping your brother is OK, when this is all said and done.

Jan

Adventurous
From what Stezza posted - this is reported to be just as big as the last fire the other weekend. Trouble is if the winds shift and blow from a different direction than the last - it is possible that they will head towards our mainly unburnt coastal strips unburnt by the last fires - then Stezza and I will be in potential danger as it is the embers to worry about blowing so far ahead of the fire and this is what has spread the fires in such a devastating manner in other places that towns have burnt, houses and livelihoods farms and so many Australian animals like Koalas Kangaroos etc dying in the fires. It is heartbreaking to see the images of them. YouTube has many if you do a search.
We Are Australian- we will survive and recover.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well Winter has finally arrived here. The weather the past couple of days, and most of this coming week, will be down in the 30s or low 40s, and today we had snow. Luckily it wasn't much, maybe 1 1/2 to 2 inches at most, and later it rained, so a lot of it got washed away. I could hear snow shoveling going on at different times during the day, so hopefully it won't be messy walking around tomorrow. I never went out today, so will need to run some errands at some point tomorrow.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Glad to hear the bush fires have abated somewhat Stezza. Let's hope the rain continues long enough to put them all out completely.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well I got my wish, I just looked out the window, and the sidewalks, and all vegetation, are snow free! :) Temps are in the mid-40s, and the sun's out, so whatever was left over late last night, was melted this morning. :D

DanaTA

Distinguished
Only some melting here...just came in from cleaning off my car and shoveling the driveway, front walk, path to the fire hydrant, and in front of the mailbox, so they'll stop and put in mail. Fun. :rolleyes: But, at least, some exercise.

Dana

Stezza

Dances with Bees
I hope so as well... will know soon enough as we are back to high temps and dry again for the next week or so

this morning is a humid 26c and rising

Stezza

Dances with Bees
42c+ today

along with bushfire flare ups and a dust storm that came in from the west and has inundated us all!
grandchildren not allowed outside.

edited to add: and sad news of the crash of a firefighting plane this arvo with the three crew not surviving.. they are from the US very sad.

1579758644510.png

Last edited: