• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Jan

Adventurous
@Stezza- yeah Saturday is the day. My husband was talking to a chief fire officer at Albatross Naval Base tonight- he said they expect winds of over 80KM winds from the West on Saturday. Not good for our areas, mine or yours. Culburra Beach got evacuated of tourist and visitors this afternoon, so I expect Huskinson or Vincentia areas would have been the same, and they are real busy this time of the year.

My son and his mate have been visiting here and as he is a real Techie, we have been listening to the app scanner too and keeping track on Fires Near You. We were listening when that fire truck went through the flash fire two days ago at Bruxton, and we heard the fear in their voices.
I was talking to a man who was down south near Batlow, he said the fire was so huge-even all the American Army and Airforce would have been hard pressed to fight this fire. The Firies told him only steam was coming out of their hoses. He looked at his hose, the fire then said to his dog-get in the Ute, we are outta here and he still doesn't know the fate of his house.

It is so awful - I really fear tomorrow, so packed up. Our road in will probably get cut so we have decided out fire plan is to take to the river in our boat and head out to sea. I am taking my external hard drives where all my files etc are, the computer is too big.

Too many embers to try and save the house if all this eventuates- it is not looking good, Stay safe Stezza

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Thinking of both of you, Jan & Stezza, and your families - stay safe!

:grouphug:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
There was an article in the NY Times about what you folks in the Southeast area are experiencing. I can't imagine what you folks are going through. We have quite a few Aussie members here, and I'm hoping you're all staying safe.

Terre

Renowned
@Stezza- yeah Saturday is the day. My husband was talking to a chief fire officer at Albatross Naval Base tonight- he said they expect winds of over 80KM winds from the West on Saturday. Not good for our areas, mine or yours. Culburra Beach got evacuated of tourist and visitors this afternoon, so I expect Huskinson or Vincentia areas would have been the same, and they are real busy this time of the year.

My son and his mate have been visiting here and as he is a real Techie, we have been listening to the app scanner too and keeping track on Fires Near You. We were listening when that fire truck went through the flash fire two days ago at Bruxton, and we heard the fear in their voices.
I was talking to a man who was down south near Batlow, he said the fire was so huge-even all the American Army and Airforce would have been hard pressed to fight this fire. The Firies told him only steam was coming out of their hoses. He looked at his hose, the fire then said to his dog-get in the Ute, we are outta here and he still doesn't know the fate of his house.

It is so awful - I really fear tomorrow, so packed up. Our road in will probably get cut so we have decided out fire plan is to take to the river in our boat and head out to sea. I am taking my external hard drives where all my files etc are, the computer is too big.

Too many embers to try and save the house if all this eventuates- it is not looking good, Stay safe Stezza
Good luck. I hope that goes smoothly and all of you are safe.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
wow!
what a ride this is!

thanks for all your thoughts and concerns..

we are back home and thankfully we have been spared ( someone is looking after us and our community )

fires are raging around us and we evacuated last Friday uncertain as to the outcome of this horrendous situation.

we are still enveloped with smoke and fires are still burning ... we had a bit of heavy rain today but not enough to douse anything.

unfortunately my cousin has lost her house and all belongings to this raging fire but all family is safe.. our newest grandson visited us just after xmas but then they evacuated to get back to Victoria ( 600 miles away ) just before it all went pear shaped.

to say this is very scary is an understatement and I'm sure all of you have caught glimpses of what is happening downunder... it is relentless.

but, we are safe for the moment but still in a very dangerous predicament which is determined by the wind and what has already gone up in smoke.

I try to keep everyone up to date on Facebook using my phone or iPad.

this clip was the situation at my and @Jan area last Saturday

keep safe everyone and if you can please donate to the bushfires in Australia appeal
heart

Miss B

CV-BEE
They've been having stories in the NY Times almost every day, and said this is the worst month of the Bush Fire season, so everyone Down Under, please stay safe!!

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
I’ve returned home and the power and communications are back on. We have still got some active fires a few kms away but all are just at advice level at the moment. I’m a couple of hours south of Nowra so I hope you guys are doing ok up there. I hear the road is open from Batemans Bay to Moruya – a lot of homes were lost there around Malua Bay.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Now if we could just hear from Rae that she and her family are OK, I'll rest a lot easier.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
@Doug Hunter you must be down around Bodalla way , glad all ok down there. My cousin lost her home and contents at Cobargo and another cousin at Merimbula is on alert...

our old neighbours who now live in Malua Bay hadn't heard from them since the power & comms outage but are ok..