• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Hornet3d

Wise
Torrential rain here since lunch time, Monday Afternoon is normally our organised walk day, not sure how many turned up as we didn't. I know walking is good for you but I would rather not do it in torrential rain. Dog wanted to go for a walk so we opened the back door and he walked to the front door, opened the front door and he turn around and went back to his bed, sort of says it all.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
We had torrential rains here yesterday afternoon into the night. I was already out at a doctor's appointment when it started, but luckily I live only 1 1/2 blocks away, and had my umbrella with me just in case, so I didn't get soaked.

What made it worse was the 25-30 mph winds, which started about 1/2 hour before the rain, and are still hanging around today. At least there's no rain today, so that's something.

DanaTA

Distinguished
While rinsing a bowl at the kitchen sink, I noticed out the window that a huge tree section had split off, onto my neighbor's patio dining set. Not my tree, it's on their side of the fence...not their tree either...it was planted by the HOA as a property corner marker.

I'm surprised neither I nor anyone else in the house heard the noise when it split off.

Dana

Terre

Renowned
That is odd indeed. If his patio set is damaged does that mean the HOA is responsible for repairing/replacing it?

DanaTA

Distinguished
That is odd indeed. If his patio set is damaged does that mean the HOA is responsible for repairing/replacing it?

I would think so. If I see the homeowner, I'll suggest that he look into that. They should also be responsible for the cleanup.

Dana

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Since last week we have here very odd weather. Morning cold and rainy,afternoon sunny and moderate warm (18-20 °).
A lot of wind, warm wind.

Terre

Renowned
Brrr.... And getting colder out there. It was 46 when I got up this morning. It's already down to 42 and the high is supposed to be 40. Tonight is supposed to be 25 with up to an inch or two of snow.

Miss B

CV-BEE
You're weather's colder than what we're having here, though there are times I wish it were colder so we'd HAVE SOME HEAT!!!

I don't know which of the legislators passed our stupid City Ordinance that limits when we can have heat, but they should all be shot! I'm convinced none of them live within the City limits, OR, they're all in private homes and don't care about taking chances of getting caught and fined!! :mad::mad::mad:

DanaTA

Distinguished
That sounds illegal! How can they make laws to regulate when you turn on your own heat? Not everybody is comfortable in the same temperatures.

66F here right now, at about 1:30. Yesterday, I went out with only my long sleeve shirt, no jacket. This is crazy.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
That sounds illegal! How can they make laws to regulate when you turn on your own heat? Not everybody is comfortable in the same temperatures.
Not sure, but it is the law. I'm assuming, and yes I know what happens when you assume, they're trying to conserve resources, but the temps they have set for heat during certain hours of the day and/or night, don't take wind chill factor into account. The past 2 weeks had some days with 15-20 mph high winds, and that just makes things ridiculously cold.

It's just strange to me that I'm warmer when I'm out of the house. ~sheesh~

DanaTA

Distinguished
Wind chill temps are only for skin. It doesn't have any effect on the actual temperature, just on your body if you're out in it and have skin exposed. Of course, if your house isn't perfectly sealed, it can make drafts worse. Mild wind actually keeps the temperature from falling as low as it could if it were still. Friction. I know, sounds strange, but it is a thing.

Dana

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Wind chill temps are only for skin. It doesn't have any effect on the actual temperature, just on your body if you're out in it and have skin exposed. Of course, if your house isn't perfectly sealed, it can make drafts worse. Mild wind actually keeps the temperature from falling as low as it could if it were still. Friction. I know, sounds strange, but it is a thing.

Dana

Don't underestimate the humidity in the air. Can makes you more sick than "just"cold.
We had the last days here rain over rain. Yesterday evening i had the feeling the heater are out of order,because i feel so cold. Of course they was not, we had 21 in the living room. Uncomfortable and fore sure not good for the health. I turn on the floor heater too (which is usually only during the winter on) to get rid of this humid air.
Our house is surrounded by forest, mountain and I have a jungle of plants :) . Sometimes is brutal force needed to get ride of this pest humid air :cool:

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Not that something changed here since days :(

Attachments

• Morningsmall.jpg
    Morningsmall.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 170

Miss B

CV-BEE
Wind chill temps are only for skin.
See now, during the hot summer months, I find the humidity only effects my skin, as I perspire a lot, so the skin is uncomfortable. During the cold winter months I find the wind chill and humidity, which is always much higher at night than during the day, chills straight through to the bones.

I can't remember exactly, but there were several nights last winter when I not only bundled up with 2 blankets, I actually wore a light weight pair of gloves to bed because my fingers felt like icicles, and that's not just the skin, but the not so easy bend of the finger joints.

Miss B

CV-BEE
It's currently 66º here, with an expected high around 70º, but the humidity is curretly at 94%, and it's been raining off and on since very early this morning. It's also very windy with winds at 22mph. Not a good day.

Weather's supposed to brighten up the next few days, but the highs will be in the low to mid 50s, so it's going to be cold. Maybe we'll finally get some heat.