• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Terre

Renowned
If you scraped up all the snow in town you might be able to build one decent snowman. LOL
Sounds quite pleasant compared to here. Winter is back.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Rather than take a chance of driving to work tomorrow, I'm taking a vacation day. The storm is supposed to begin toward the end of the morning commute, and then get really bad by the evening commute. All but a handful of private/public schools are closed tomorrow because of the weather. Those that are open have early dismissal and after school activities are cancelled.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, they're expecting us to get hit with the storm some time tomorrow. I won't know for sure what time of day until I watch the weather report on the 11:00pm news later.

Staying home tomorrow is a good choice. You don't need that mess going home for sure.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well I got smart today. I always do my big shopping on Wednesdays, but luckily the supermarket's only a block away, soooo, instead of waiting until later in the day as I usually do, I got up about 1 1/2 hours ago, got dressed and went to the store. It's a good thing I did, because I just looked out the window while I was in the kitchen, and IT'S SNOWING!!!

According to the 11:00pm news last night, it's supposed to be messy during the evening rush hour, and then change to rain/sleet around 8:00pm, and then rain overnight, so we shouldn't see much left tomorrow morning. Oh, and the temp today is in the mid-20ºs, but they're expecting a high of 50º tomorrow, so any left over snow on grass/trees/plants will melt for sure.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
That's one difference between the east coast and the west coast. The amount of snow we got about a week ago is a disaster here. But on the east coast it's normal.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Yep, to a degree. People up in the foothills of the Olympics got 3-4 feet of snow in that storm..a bit more than the East Coast gets usually ;)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Oh I didn't know that. I only had a good two feet around my house.

Wow - you had more than us...we had about a foot and a half all told - mostly melted or rained away now. But yeah, I was surprised to hear that, too. Folks up in the foothills here are still dealing with a ton of snow that's now had some rain added to make it soaking wet, heavy yucky stuff.

Oh we've had bad snow storms as well, just not so much in recent years.

I remember them from when I was younger :). The last year we lived there (late 70s), we had one car that just stayed buried all winter. We had to chop it out eventually. But that was buildup over a bunch of storms. Out here, what Janet's talking about, which we had last week over a few days is VERY unusual. Probably last storm we had here with that much snow was in the mid 90s.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
A bit of snow today. Supposed to end in sleet and freezing rain and will likely be melted tomorrow. Still very pretty to watch it fall. The tracks are from my dog. He likes to play "find the ball" day or night, snow or no snow.

IMG_8558.JPG

Miss B

CV-BEE
I was going to say, Lisa, that looks like more than we got, but I just looked out the kitchen window again, and . . . it's snowing again, so I think their forecast last night of 1-3 inches will be exactly what we get.

It is a slow lazy straight down snow, because it's not really very windy, so even if we get more snow than predicted, we won't have any snow drifts. The really messy stuff will be later when it turns to sleet and rain. I'm SOOOOO glad I went out and did my shopping before it started.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, it's now a very, very slight snow, in fact I had to stare at the bricks of the building across from me to even notice if it was actually snowing, that's now small the flakes are now. Whether this is the end of the snow, or it's going to get stronger again, I have no clue. I can only hope it doesn't get too messy later.

Terre

Renowned
We had just enough snow last night to make the streets slick this morning. The official measurement is .2 inches. All long gone now.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes we're not going to have it for very long here either. It's just that the temp is so low now, I'm sure it's freezing over. :(

Miss B

CV-BEE
No, I have no particular plans for tomorrow. Well, I checked again just now, and from what I can see of the street and sidewalks, it's raining. It's too dark for me to tell how hard it's raining, but parts of the snow that was built up on the fire escape outside my Kitchen window is slowly falling off in spots, so the rain is definitely affecting it. Tomorrow morning will tell the tale.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Wow - you had more than us...we had about a foot and a half all told - mostly melted or rained away now. But yeah, I was surprised to hear that, too. Folks up in the foothills here are still dealing with a ton of snow that's now had some rain added to make it soaking wet, heavy yucky stuff.

I remember them from when I was younger :). The last year we lived there (late 70s), we had one car that just stayed buried all winter. We had to chop it out eventually. But that was buildup over a bunch of storms. Out here, what Janet's talking about, which we had last week over a few days is VERY unusual. Probably last storm we had here with that much snow was in the mid 90s.

Late 70s? You must be thinking of the Blizzard of '78. That was a tough one. Nobody expected it to be so bad. I worked about a 35 to 40 minute ride from work. The boss kept us until 3:15 pm. It took me 3.5 hours to get home! And my '69 Chrysler Newport was buried the next day. National Guard was called in to help clear the streets. It's the reason people go nuts and buy tons of white bread and milk when a storm is coming. it will never be like that again, of course, because they learned a lot from that storm and experience, and they are much better at forecasting now. But people remember no food at the stores because delivery trucks couldn't get here. It was almost a week before things started to move again. In the Greater Boston area, especially on Rte. 128, cars were abandoned because they couldn't move. They stopped right there on a three lane highway and walked away. I was glad I got home safely. Actually, never had a problem with that tank...even going up the big hill on Rte. 24 south heading into Fall River. When I was a couple blocks from home, I saw a BMG stuck in the intersection that I would cross. I stopped, helped him push it free, then got in my car and just plowed right through it and got home.

Snowed here tonight. Just stopped a little while ago. Looks like we got another two inches. Supposed to be sleet overnight, but then change to just rain in the morning. Hopefully, it will all be melted away by the time Diane heads out to work. Right now...26F.

Dana

Terre

Renowned
Those old tanks were great for things like that.
What little snow we got is all gone. More may be coming Friday.