• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I opened the door for my cat to go on his constitutional around the house and he just looked outside then changed his mind. He hates it when it rains too. Always looks at me like "make it stop!"

Glad I don't have to go out for a few days.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
just your typical day in Oz

Raging bushfires to the south
Monsoonal flooding to the north

and crocodiles roaming the streets.

27C here today with gale force winds predicted for this arvo .. :flower02:
that'll make my flower spin!

DanaTA

Distinguished
I thought I was in this thread...but the weather is being discussed elsewhere, too. Nice today, tomorrow (Saturday), not so much. Back into the 30s (F). And snow in the mid-week forecast. Sigh.

Dana

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
It's SNOWPOCOLYPIS in the Seattle area. It's been snowing off and on for four days! There hasn't been a snow storm this bad here since 1949. About 18 inches in my yard right now.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I heard Washington got a year's accumulation of snow in one day!! ~sheesh~

It's been many years, but that last time I remember having a snow storm that bad was back in the mid-'80s. I had gone on vacation for a week, and when I got back my car (which back then was parked on the street because I didn't have a garage spot yet) was totally buried under snow. I think we had over 2 feet of snow at the time, and getting it out wasn't easy, but I had to do it, because once they determined it was time for alternate side of the street parking to go back into effect, I knew I'd get a ticket if I hadn't moved it.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, we had a strange storm today. Last night they said we'd probably only get a trace to 2", and I would say it's definitely closer to a trace than 2", but . . . it started as a very light snow around 9:00am this morning, was still snowing when I left for a doctor's appointment around 10:30am, changed to sleet on the way home around noon, and finally changed to rain about an hour ago.

I just looked out the window a few minutes ago, and it's stopped, but left a slippery wet mess. Unfortunately the temps are cold here (just around freezing), so it's not going to be melting any time soon, and walking around here will be slow going for sure.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Here it snowed overnight, and was either going to snow during the day or turn to freezing rain, and eventually just rain. Whatever it was going to do, the streets were going to be slick and hazardous, and we were warned to stay off the streets.

So, I ... like an obedient citizen ... stayed off the streets. Apparently, a lot of other people did the same because traffic has been light all day.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Stay safe all. We had a total of about a foot and a half of snow from Friday thru last night, in an area where our snow's usually in the mountains, not the lowlands. Should start melting over the next few days, but it's been simply gorgeous!

Will be nice to be able to get out again, though. Hopefully soon.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Snow today. But it waited until I was almost home. Got my computer back from the shop and as I left, it started. It was supposed to change over to sleet/freezing rain around 5:00 pm...but I didn't see any rain. After that it's supposed to change to just rain and go overnight. It has warmed up. In the past three hours it went from 29F to 34F. Trending in the right direction, anyway.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well it's bright and sunny today, and the temp's up in the low 40s, so definitely better.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I spent about 45 minutes shoveling heavy, slushy, snow. It's been cloudy all day. But it got up to 40F.

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
Snowed again! Started around midnight last night, just ended within the last half hour. It's 5:12 pm here. I spent about two hours shoveling and clearing the car off. More possibly on the way Wednesday night. Thursday, it might rain, but it might be freezing rain. Not happy.

Dana