• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Plenty of snow still here. Heavily traveled roads are clear, but the ground, sidewalks (unless cleared), and trees are still coated in snow. City offices closed at 1 pm yesterday because of the hazardous conditions (as if they didn't know conditions would be hazardous!) So, we closed at 1 pm too.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Sounds like you got it a lot worse than we did Satira. Then again, you're further south than we are.

When I first woke up around 8:00am, my fire escape was soaking wet and dripping, but there was no snow. The sun had come out and was shining brightly. When I got up again a couple of hours later, the fire escape was dry as a bone, and from what I could see, the street and sidewalks were clear. The only snow I could see was on the grassy area in front of the building across the street, but that's because the sun won't hit it for another couple of hours. Then I'm sure it too will melt, or at least most of it will.

The temp is up to the mid-40ºs, which is 20º warmer than it was yesterday, and they're predicting it's going to get up to 50º, so not surprising if we have no snow left when all is said and done.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
It's been raining here since Saturday. Pretty heavy downpours and lots of thunder, but last night was the worst so far. Incredible lightening storm with lightening almost non-stop for hours, and it rained in sheets, not drops. Just poured buckets of rain. Flooding everywhere and lots of downed trees with the saturated soil and a breeze, let alone a strong storm coming through.

My daughter's poor pit mix is fine with thunder and rain, but lightening terrifies him. It's the flashes of light that freak him out, flashlights do it as well. Poor thing was right beside me all night, terrified.

Rain is predicted everyday until Sunday.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I guess your south enough to get only rain instead of the snow those of us further north got. I think I'd rather have the snow than a downpour and lightning. I have a friend who's pup hates lightning and thunder. He always crawls under her bed and hides out until it's all over.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Those old tanks were great for things like that.
What little snow we got is all gone. More may be coming Friday.

The '69 Newport was 1.5 tons! I could lay down in the back seat, fully stretched out, and not touch either door. Granted, I'm only 5'6", but still. Can't do that in most cars today, that I'm aware of.

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
Currently 42F. Street is clear, and most of the driveway...except where Diane cleared the snow off her car. There's an outline of snow where the car was. Still a couple inches on the ground, though. But I hear the melted snow running in the gutters, and now and then hear some snow or ice dropping through the downspouts. It's supposed to get up to 52F here today. This roller coaster weather is crazy!

Dana

Terre

Renowned
Windy enough here that the lights are flickering some.
Sustained winds of 35-50 mph with gusts of up to 60-65,

DanaTA

Distinguished
I got an alert on my smartphone earlier today about high winds. I haven't really noticed yet, but maybe it will be overnight or in the morning. We are supposed to have a storm pass over tomorrow. Fortunately, this one is supposed to be all rain for us here. Not so up towards Boston and westward, though. They'll be getting frozen water. Tough for driving, but fortunately it's not a work day, so there will be less traffic.

Is it Spring yet? :confused:

Dana

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
It's been pleasant enough here lately. Cool but dry. The mornings and evenings are brighter this last week, so it's not dark when going to school and coming home.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, it's pouring rain here this morning, and I'll have to be out in it when I head for the gym. Unless, of course, it stops raining by then . . . hopefully.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Rained hard this morning, but it seems to have stopped. But the forecast was for rain all day. And it looks like it could start up again. Windy, too. But 48F.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, just got back from the gym, and it turns out it stopped raining before I left to go to the gym, but looked like it rained again while I was there, and stopped again before I left to come home. I took a small folding umbrella with me, just in case, but very glad I didn't have to use it.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
It's supposed to snow more this week so I loaned my Element to my son who didn't want to drive his Corvette in the snow. Safety reasons, Elements are good in snow, Corvettes are not. So I'll be without a car this week. Not that I get out all that much but it's nice knowing it's out there.

My granddaughter spent the night last night. She's 7 but getting into that stage where kids eat and eat and eat. Usually happens around 9. But she INHALED a big cheeseburger and cottage fries I made her for dinner and only an hour after eating 3/4 of a small watermelon and crackers and salami. Then this morning she ate a pop tart. Then I decided to make scrambled eggs with lightly fried tortillas and cheddar cheese. She ate a bunch of those too.

Hornet3d

Wise
Weather here in the UK is barmy for the time of year, it has been dry and sunny for a couple of weeks, since just after the snow disappeared. I have just returned from a walk with the walking club and everyone is in summer clothes, 18 degrees C in February is almost unheard of. Not only have I managed to get my summerhouse built a few months earlier than planned I have been enjoying a few coffee breaks in there over the past few days.

Hornet3d

Wise
How are you feeling? Recovering nicely?

Thanks for asking. It varies, the pain was down a little yesterday to the point I could work through the pain and actually create a render but today the pain is bad so I have abandoned my idea of post working the render today. The weather is still great so I am going to retire to the garden and read a book.

DanaTA

Distinguished
The wind has finally calmed down a bit. Nice and sunny. The calm before the next storm. Expecting two to five inches of snow overnight Wednesday and into Thursday morning. Sigh.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, I think the whole Northeast had some major wind yesterday, that's now gone. The 11:00pm news report stated 70mph gusts, which is hurricane strength, and folks who were out and about yesterday were having problems getting around. There was even a report of some scaffolding that was blown off the side of a building where there was construction going on. Luckily no one was hurt.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Well, at least it wasn't like the top of Mt. Washington! They had a wind gust of 171 mph! Not a record, by the way, but still...yikes!

Dana