• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'll say! Wind gusts like that can throw you off the top of a mountain, or just make it so hard to breathe, you'd wish you WERE off the top of the mountain.

Terre

Renowned
Quite mild here today.
As far as the winds you guys had..... I've been outside in winds with gusts of 60-65, I haven't been out on the few occasions when it was even worse here.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I'll say! Wind gusts like that can throw you off the top of a mountain, or just make it so hard to breathe, you'd wish you WERE off the top of the mountain.

Fortunately, they have a summit station that protects them from the fierce weather on that mountain. They have to go outside sometimes, but I'm sure they stay inside until storms like that pass by. Mt. Washington is at a meeting place of three different weather patterns. They have the most severe weather on the planet. They highest winds ever recorded there were 231 mph in 1934. the observatory station at the summit has windows that are rated to withstand winds up to 300 mph. They were visibly flexing in that wind on Monday. And in Maine, on Sugarloaf Mountain, a communications tower was brought down...actually bent over! Mount Washington recorded its highest wind gust in more than 3 decades | Boston.com There's an image just about halfway down the page.

I've been up Mt. Washington auto road several times. Once, with a friend, it was in July...but it was about 40 F on the summit. I bought a fleece jacket before we went up. Another time, with my wife, it was in the low to mid 30s, windy, and starting to snow...early August! Around 80 F in the valley! And no, I don't drive my car up that road. Scary. Lots of idiots leaning on their brakes all the way down...well, until their brakes overheat and they have to pull over...and there isn't much room on that road to pull over. I could probably handle it, I understand about downshifting and using low gears...even in an automatic...to control descent speed. But with all the dopes, I'd rather let the experienced mountain drivers do the driving, with their specialized vans, with oversized radiators, special brakes, special transmissions.

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
Not getting out of the 20s here, today! 26 right now, 4:33 pm. It's all downhill from here. Snow tonight and tomorrow morning.

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
Seems to be windy very often in the past decade. It never was like that when I was young. I think we've done something to the weather patterns that is not fixing itself. :(

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
Got toe 41F today. Another storm coming tonight, into tomorrow morning. Snow, rain...not sure what we'll get right here, we seem to be on the edge of the changeover line. But 2" to 4" was suggested. Hopefully, the rain will wash it all away by the time it moves out of here around 10:00 am. But that hope was dashed the last couple of times it happened.

Dana

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Pretty crazy day here, tornadoes all around us (but not here, just lightening, thunder and torrential downpours). 14 dead in one town in Alabama from the same tornado that touched down in middle Georgia. Still waiting for reports to come in for GA deaths/injuries.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Tornadoes are scary! We don't get them in my area normally. But the state gets at least two per season on average. Some years the average is blown away, though. The big ones are usually in the western part of the state, around the Worcester area. But last year we had a water spout that made landfall once or twice, down the Cape no less. It was very surprising to everyone.

Dana

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
We had snow just for Sunday. It's gone now but is very cold now. What a change, only last week we were walking around in summer clothes!