• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Stezza

Dances with Bees
mid 20's C and a bit humid...

the bushfire the other day is still smoking but all burnt out... bit of rain about somewhere!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Can you smell it from where you are Stezza, or are you far enough away to not have smoke filled air in your area?

Stezza

Dances with Bees
sure can smell it... at night is the worse.. on top of that there was a national park ablaze which is over 150km away from us but the NE brought all that smoke down here as well on top of what we have... all that has gone now, just the local smoke to tend with.. bad if you're an asthmatic :(

been stinky this last week... ok if you like the smell of burnt wood!

Stezza

Dances with Bees
though this isn't the fire we had it gives you an idea of what our countryside is like where we live..
This fire was about 10km away from where we live a few years ago..

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
sure can smell it... at night is the worse.. on top of that there was a national park ablaze which is over 150km away from us but the NE brought all that smoke down here as well on top of what we have... all that has gone now, just the local smoke to tend with.. bad if you're an asthmatic :(

How can you get the smell out of your house, does leaving the windows open air it properly or do you have to spray stuff around as well?

Stezza

Dances with Bees
when the smoke is bad you have to keep all doors and windows closed and if you have it turn the air con on...

but when you don't see the smoke but can smell it just open the house up when the southerly comes through... soon clears it away..

the smell of eucalyptus isn't too bad in moderation... but when it's still outside and doesn't get pushed away it can get overwhelming..

This is from my backyard when the main fire was brought under control and the smoke started to roll in... time to shut the house up.. ;-)

Smoke rolling in.jpg

upload_2018-1-26_9-44-43.png

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
sympathies, @Stezza !! I haven't been 'here' in a while...so checking in... what a year!

We have an el nino or nina... the reverse of 'too wet' winter... humidity in winter down to 17% a couple of days ago! it's cold but shoots up to 80 F for a short time, winds come up, then very cold again...it's NUTS!

James R.

Busy Bee
when the smoke is bad you have to keep all doors and windows closed and if you have it turn the air con on...

but when you don't see the smoke but can smell it just open the house up when the southerly comes through... soon clears it away..

the smell of eucalyptus isn't too bad in moderation... but when it's still outside and doesn't get pushed away it can get overwhelming..

This is from my backyard when the main fire was brought under control and the smoke started to roll in... time to shut the house up.. ;-)

View attachment 34413

View attachment 34412

You have my sympathies! We had a very bad forest fire season in Northern Canada a couple of years ago. The smoke made its way 100’s of km’s South to where I live. It was incredibly thick, like an intense fog. The daylight shadows had a strange red-orange cast to them, even though the smoke made everything grey. We were just told to keep our doors and windows closed and to stay inside unless absolutely necessary. It was hard to breathe. It played hell with my wife’s asthma.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
We only had snow very early in the morning. At around 6:00am it was just a trace, by 8:00am it was about 1 to 1 1/2". By 1:30pm it was practically all gone except for some traces on the tops of cars and some plants.