• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
As I mentioned in the Anchorage thread, we got a very light, wet snow this morning, but with temps above freezing, so all we have is wet ground, as if it was just raining. I'm really glad we didn't get any accumulation.

eclark1894

Visionary
As I mentioned in the Anchorage thread, we got a very light, wet snow this morning, but with temps above freezing, so all we have is wet ground, as if it was just raining. I'm really glad we didn't get any accumulation.
We've got at least three or four inches of accumulation so far. That may not seem like much, But except for the mountains, North Carolina doesn't see much snow. And Raleigh, where I live, sees even less. Then, after it's finished snowing, we've got a hard freeze coming overnight.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
It rained all night and very slowly turned to snow and freezing temperature a few hours before the morning commute. There were a number of accidents throughout the city, including at least one that was in my area. Icy roads were cited as the cause for that two car accident. Rather like closing the barn door after the animals escape ... a road crew arrived on the scene after the crash to spread salt in an effort to prevent more collisions. Although, with all the streets in Philadelphia, you really can't expect the road crews to have treated all major commute routes in a few hours.

Not only will the streets I have to drive to get to work be slick in weather like this, so too will be the crosswalks and sidewalks between the parking garage and work. It's just not worth slipping and injuring my knee again (or worse).

Stezza

Dances with Bees
We've had rain and very strong winds this week.. been a bit cooler as well around 18c

But the heat returns this weekend with temps back around the 40c mark.

The wind however blew over one of the many ghost gums that line our creek bank... making a bridge from the other side for the Wokadeemas to cross!

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Shoveling snow and chipping ice from my walkways and drive, then at my father's house. Got three neighbors' vehicles unstuck.
I have two Jeeps, each equipped with compressed air activated differential locks. The CJ-7 has a custom YJ-geometry suspension with twice the travel (flexibility) of the original CJ suspension, and an onboard high frequency arc welder. Both have winches and tow hooks, skid plates, and rock rails. The CJ-7 (black) is shown in summer mode, with the hardtop and full doors removed. I have two snowplows; a steel blade for chipping ice, and an extruded aluminum blade with thick rubber blade edge for plowing snow from brick streets. Both have 120V AC engine heaters which heat (and circulate) the coolant in the water jacket; they are plugged in for the night (forecast 6' F).
Jeep_CJ7_tile.jpg Jeep_Rubicon_tile.jpg

James R.

Busy Bee
Shoveling snow and chipping ice from my walkways and drive, then at my father's house. Got three neighbors' vehicles unstuck.
I have two Jeeps, each equipped with compressed air activated differential locks. The CJ-7 has a custom YJ-geometry suspension with twice the travel (flexibility) of the original CJ suspension, and an onboard high frequency arc welder. Both have winches and tow hooks, skid plates, and rock rails. The CJ-7 (black) is shown in summer mode, with the hardtop and full doors removed. I have two snowplows; a steel blade for chipping ice, and an extruded aluminum blade with thick rubber blade edge for plowing snow from brick streets. Both have 120V AC engine heaters which heat (and circulate) the coolant in the water jacket; they are plugged in for the night (forecast 6' F).
View attachment 34168 View attachment 34169

I have warm winter boots and a shovel. ;)

James R.

Busy Bee
High of 5C expected this afternoon.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see people wearing shorts around town today...

James R.

Busy Bee
I'm going to let the sun do most of the work. Today's my day off and I don't have anyplace I need to be.

Good plan!

Me too, as it's supposed to be warm today. (..."warm"... all of +5C)

I can actually see lawn grass out there. In January. Frigging weird weather for this time of year, where I live.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
My brother and some of his friends flew to Amsterdam yesterday for a few days break. He texted me and said there are storms and at the moment and all flights out of Amsterdam were postponed, so he was lucky to get there.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Let's hope the weather clears up in time for your brother and his friends to fly home.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Periods of heavy rain moderating to medium rain, interspersed with light, persistant showers. Temperatures just above freezing with winds apparently blowing head-on no matter which way you face. I'm beginning to get quite bored with winter! :cry: