• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
We had 43 degrees forecast last Saturday in Melbourne but I believe it only got to 42 degrees celsius.

Whereabouts are you Freyfaxi? Which state?

McGyver

Energetic
I think I'm done with winter now... This afternoon I had to chisel some ice out of the rims of my father-in-law's car... I've been in and out all day long and just a little while ago my daughter dropped a glass bottle of cranberry juice in the driveway which froze before I could pick up all the glass... It was probably frozen in less than two minutes...
So if anyone wants winter, you can have it now... just come pick it up soon.

The other thing I'm totally sick of is static electricity...
It total interferes with my Electron Man powers... Which is mostly giving mildly annoying static shocks to people...
While I was picking up the glass before, my neighbor's cat came over to say hello and I'm pretty sure I nearly electrocuted the poor creature... He actually made a little "Meawop!" sound as he fled for his life.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, it was low double digits here today, and the only saving grace, was the ONLY 10mph winds. That's a big difference from the 20-40mph winds we've been having lately.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I sooo agree with you McGyver about static electricity. I've zapped Tsuki a number of times this last week. Fortunately, none of them strong enough to send her running for her life.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Did Tsuki look at you wondering what it was she had felt?

I haven't had static electricity shocks in a long time, but I remember when they used to drive me crazy.

Terre

Renowned
I've been zapping myself every time I get out of the car. Due to knee problems I've been using the D bar on the frame that the door lock hooks onto as an aid to getting up/sitting down and end up grounding myself when getting up.

James R.

Busy Bee
47C?! :eek: Holy bat, Cowman.

Going to be a manageable -10C here today, but we’ll be back into the deep freeze with -24C by the end of the week. Three more months...just three more months...

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, they're predicting snow showers tonight, but it's going to be bright and sunny tomorrow, and the temps are going to be in the 30s and 40s this week. YAY!!! I'm tired of wearing 2 or 3 layers of clothing every time I have to go out of the house.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I'd love to see the last of the bugs and weeds killed of for the season but I'm no wizard.

Yeah, I was just telling my daughter the other day, one side effect to this frigid weather is that the fleas in the yard are likely all killed off. We keep the puppies on flea stuff year round, but it never hurts to kill off an expanding population. The last 2 winters have been very mild and didn't manage to do that, so this cold is welcome for that purpose.

But, OK, OK, they're dead. Can we go back to normal now, please, Mother Nature?

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
For all you folks freezing in the US and Europe..my town here in Australia got to 47.3 Centigrade mid-afternoon yesterday :(

For the metric challenges, in US temps, that is a whopping 117 ° F !!!!
*Faints*