• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
FYI am ok so far here...I'm in a sort of protected pocket...SO FAR fires near have been quickly extinguished.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Glad you and Ken are both ok - hope they can keep the danger down for everyone!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Stay safe folks. From what I saw on the news, it's pretty scary out there.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
NOW it's listed!
2.2 magnitude earthquake 14 km from Borrego Springs, California, United States

7 minutes ago

UTC time: Thursday, December 07, 2017 00:35 AM

Your time: Wednesday, December 6 2017 4:35 PM

Magnitude Type: ml

USGS page: M 2.2 - 14km SW of Borrego Springs, CA

USGS status: Not reviewed by a seismologist

Reports from the public: 6 people

I live in a 2 story home, and am upstairs...so feel it more in my wood frame home... nothing fell, but.... sigh.... whimper!

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes Lyne, I remember the earthquake we had here a number of years ago was felt more by those of us here on the top floor, as one of my neighbors, who was down on the street in front of the building, hadn't felt anything. She was surprised when she found several of us in the hall talking about it when she came back upstairs about 15 mins. later. No one had felt anything downstairs, but up here it was quite obvious.

The one we had a few days ago, however, was so mild by comparison, it felt and sounded like heavy duty machinery being used nearby. I wasn't sure it was an earthquake until I saw it on the early news, and was then confirmed on the late night news.

Glad to hear you didn't have anything fall down or break.

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous
Yikes. This is one of the major reasons that reality sucks. In 3D I can always make warm, calm weather :)

Be safe everyone.

Cheers,

Cliff

Terre

Renowned
JUST had an earthquake!! (aprox. 4: 36 pm) Shook my monitor and me.... a hard jolt-wiggle... audible too.... I'll go check my web site later, as it's too soon to show up... but geeze!!
My nerves are shot! :oops:
Today's Earthquakes in LA and Southern California
:grouphug: I hope you don't have any more attacks on your nerves.
I know that I lived through several earthquakes as a 5 and 6 year old in Japan because my mother has mentioned them and things shaking (we were on the third floor I think) but I don't remember them. I guess that I my parents must have stayed calm and thus I didn't consider it important. I was surprised as a teen in Albuquerque to learn that the city has something like 50 (if I'm remembering the number correctly 40 years later) quakes a year as it sits upon 5 fault zones. They are all so minor that they only show up on seismic equipment. That area did have a truly massive quake millions of years ago though. The west face of the Sandia mountains is a mile high cliff which hang gliders love to jump off of.

James R.

Busy Bee
I don’t understand what’s going on with our winter so far.

It’s -6C right now, supposed to get up to -2C. And it’s due to get up to +3C by Sunday!

I’m not complaining...just a bit bewildered. It should be in the minus teens or twenties at this time of year. All forecasts for the winter have predicted record-breaking cold. Not so, so far.

Oh well, only 100 more days (or thereabouts) of winterish weather left anyway. I’m sure Ma Nature will catch up with us soon enough. o_O

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Just issued:

WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY in effect for tomorrow. This is where rain/snow and snow is most likely. Up to 1" in some areas. Temps will remain above freezing all day and road surfaces are WELL ABOVE freezing.

Once Friday passes however, Severe Weather Team 2 Meteorologist Karen Minton advises to still use caution.

Any moisture left on the roads could freeze Saturday morning with temperatures dropping into the mid- and upper 20s,” Minton said.

The forecast is fluid, and there is no need to panic, Minton added.

“Do not go to the grocery store and wipe out all the bread and milk because you won’t need it,” Minton said.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
OMG some of you have it so bad with the weather! It is 2C here tonight and we are shivering even with the heating turned up! I can't even imagine what -4C is like!

Miss B

CV-BEE
According to Weather.com, they're predicting a 90% chance of snow here on Saturday, and a 60% chance of snow Saturday night. Haven't got any predictions yet for how much snow, but the temps are being predicted at high 30s Fahrenheit during the day, and very low 30s Fahrenheit at night (that's below freezing here). ~brrrrrrrr~

James R.

Busy Bee
Just issued:

WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY in effect for tomorrow. This is where rain/snow and snow is most likely. Up to 1" in some areas. Temps will remain above freezing all day and road surfaces are WELL ABOVE freezing.

Once Friday passes however, Severe Weather Team 2 Meteorologist Karen Minton advises to still use caution.

Any moisture left on the roads could freeze Saturday morning with temperatures dropping into the mid- and upper 20s,” Minton said.

The forecast is fluid, and there is no need to panic, Minton added.

“Do not go to the grocery store and wipe out all the bread and milk because you won’t need it,” Minton said.

Aha! I see what’s happened here! My weather and yours got mixed up in the Weather Distribution Center!

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Aha! I see what’s happened here! My weather and yours got mixed up in the Weather Distribution Center!

ROFL, Weather Distribution Center!

But, you know, climate change is really not a joke and we see more and more evidence of it every day. Kinda scary!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
OK...now there IS a fire JUST to the south of me...
it IS a bit close, I have to "assume" I would not be evacuated... me and my heath/food sort of couldn't leave! But tho it LOOKS like it is burning toward the ocean, I assume it will stay south of me... the smoke won't, I guess....I'd ONLY go out with a mask like I normally do and only for putting trash out, mail in, etc...

I saw NO signs of any smoke at 10 am when I trimmed a vine in my back yard...but I could feel that the air was hotter and even though I live in a 'protected pocket' from winds, the tops of our palm trees in the development were really thrashing around...I have to get my trash bins out in about an hour, and will give the sky a good looking at... and then go to bed with a LOT of white light around my end of the city/town!

Best link info with maps and photos:
http://wildfiretoday.com/2017/12/07/lilac-fire-a-new-fire-in-san-diego-county/