• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Fortunately, the winds appear to have missed our canyon, at least so far, usually the Santa Winds hit about 3am and last into mid-day and then start the cycle over for a total three-day period... the advisories are still up which 80 mph gusts predicted tonight.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I hope you all stay safe and dry! Here in Dublin it's been cloudy and cold, between 2 & 4C during the day and set to get colder in the coming days.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
well, the warnings given never eventuated thank goodness...

it's still cold and wet & windy today but nothing like what they forecast/alerted us to.

upload_2017-12-5_12-49-49.png

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
ugh... the winds found us... it's almost 6pm and the gusts are at about 50 mph (80 kmph) now... making sure flashlights are ready (power often goes out with the wind) -- looks like it's going to be a sleepless night

Stezza

Dances with Bees
yep keep lanterns ready... it's the same here being in heavily tree'd area it is common for power outs during windy periods..

presently it's 1pm and wind is at 50kph gusting to 70kph... very similar

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
No fun for sure Ken. I hope the winds don't get worse, and you guys make it through the night OK.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
all good here... nothing out of the norm really.. just a bit cold for summer lol

and this patch of rain won't move away!

upload_2017-12-5_13-21-43.png

James R.

Busy Bee
Still winter over here. -19C right now (10:30pm) but feels like -25C with the windchill. Supposed to get up to a strangely balmy -3C by tomorrow afternoon..

And I, too, hope everyone is managing to stay safe and dry!

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Well, it's unseasonally warm here - nearly 70 degrees at 6AM on December 5. A cold front is supposed to move in this afternoon bringing rain ahead of the cold air, and they actually said the S word for later in the week. Yes, snow. In Georgia. That's the panic button - the S word is.

By this time tomorrow, every store in the state will be cleaned out of bread and milk and folks will be hunkered down like the apocalypse is coming.

I never have figured out the bread and milk thing - what is one supposed to do with all that bread and milk in a snow storm?

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Unseasonably warm here to. We haven't had our first snow of the season.

The thing is...........even if it does snow here, the ground is still so warm, it will immediately melt. So far this winter, we have had a couple of light frosts - no where near enough cold weather to freeze the ground to keep an inch of snow cold enough to stick around.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
By this time tomorrow, every store in the state will be cleaned out of bread and milk and folks will be hunkered down like the apocalypse is coming.

I never have figured out the bread and milk thing - what is one supposed to do with all that bread and milk in a snow storm?

LOL!! Good question!

Glad all's ok there, Stezza. Hope you're ok, Ken (Lyne, too).

Pretty typical temps here for today, and no rain!! Mid -upper 40s by day, around or just above freezing at night.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Pretty typical temps here for today, and no rain!! Mid -upper 40s by day, around or just above freezing at night.
I think we're going to see those low temps later this week, which I'm not really looking forward to.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
the weather is getting more Christmassy now... the rain has moved on and we were spared any flooding ...

the 7 day forecast is looking good.. :shineon:
upload_2017-12-6_11-15-20.png