• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I am staying 'tucked up' in the house, that's for sure. I don't hear any planes or sirens now at about 8 pm Pacific Time...... hmmm I guess that WAS the big roar I heard a few times during the day today....as there are 4 huge planes doing drops when it was still light out... I appreciate any prayers you can send to me, my community and the folks around....so many horses (expensive ranches/training centers out in Bonsall and Fallbrook). were taken. :(

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Sure would like to borrow some of your cool moisture, Myth!! Humidity is down to 10% here = BY THE OCEAN!! :(

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
You would be more than welcome to it, Lyne! That's one of the downsides of living on the Bay. Sheltered, shallow water in a major cloud formation area means the humidity rarely if ever drops below 70%. There was snow on some of the peaks in the Lake District on the other side of the Bay this afternoon but the rains have taken care of that!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Thinking of Lyne & Ken and all those in the fire danger zone. Scary stuff :(

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Well, it's snowing here. The very best kind of snow - melting immediately on contact. But it sure is pretty while it's falling.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Had that one as well, but actually it's April weather. Rain turned to snow and after it stopped, sunshine and blue skies.

Well, from what I'm seeing, we're not gonna be quite so lucky - it's sticking on raised surfaces (stairs, overpasses & bridges, etc.) and is supposed to go into solid freezing temps before it has a chance to dry up. So all these pretty, melting snow puddles will become black ice this evening. Things will be a bit hazardous this evening and early morning tomorrow. Then, just memories except for the few who decide they have to try and drive on ice and end up with shattered vehicles.

And, by April in Georgia we're in our typically summer weather already. February and early March can sometimes be wild, but it's more typically tornadoes and lightening storms than snow.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
9:30 am just can't find any NEW updates on the Lilac Fire near me.... but now, with sunshine I can see a lot of smoke in the sky... LOTS - a bank of smoke out the back window (toward fire), then straight up the sky is hazy...with sort of high streaks of smoke in the sky looking out my front window . (front window looks south, back looks north).... tense time! :(

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
You'd think now that we have implemented telecommuting at work, that hazardous road conditions would be a reasonable reason to be able to telecommute instead of driving to work. But we are only allowed to do so if it's our normal telecommute days. Which for me is Thursday and Friday. So if the roads are hazardous on Monday, I will be expected to be at work.

I wonder how many people actually sue their employer after shattering their vehicles (or selves) because they were required to get to the office when the roads are hazardous.

Things will be a bit hazardous this evening and early morning tomorrow. Then, just memories except for the few who decide they have to try and drive on ice and end up with shattered vehicles.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well, it's snowing here. The very best kind of snow - melting immediately on contact. But it sure is pretty while it's falling.
Yes, that's the kind of snow I don't mind either, as the sidewalks and roads dry up fairly quickly without any residue left over.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
9:30 am just can't find any NEW updates on the Lilac Fire near me.... but now, with sunshine I can see a lot of smoke in the sky... LOTS - a bank of smoke out the back window (toward fire), then straight up the sky is hazy...with sort of high streaks of smoke in the sky looking out my front window . (front window looks south, back looks north).... tense time! :(

Wishing you the best, Lyne... we made it through safely. Fortunately the second, stronger set of Santa Anas missed us and the fire departments were able to get the upper hands on the fires throughout Los Angeles.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
My Von's grocery delivery guy just called me (had an order due tomorrow)...he sounded ok...just said "due to the fire, he had to cancel all the dot com orders" ...so I said "So I can just set up a new one for Monday?" and he said "You sure can!".... so I guess the store is ok, they just can't deal with trucks, etc. I'll only be a bit short on water...have 'spare' icky kind still in the garage under the table... may be forced to use that to fill in... but at least I know where I stand.

There is NO wind to speak of around my home, but I'm sure there is more wind that bit north of me in the fire area...and the fire itself causes it's own winds...

It just makes me SICK to see the devastation - the horses running free, knowing of the loss of animal life at the high end training centers in Bonsall and Fallbrook. :(

Well, from what I'm seeing, we're not gonna be quite so lucky - it's sticking on raised surfaces (stairs, overpasses & bridges, etc.) and is supposed to go into solid freezing temps before it has a chance to dry up.

Lucked out as well, snow is back and so far it seems to be sticking as well; if I look out of the window, the world is white - from roofs to the ground. Snow everywhere..... I hate snow!! More to come tomorrow if forecast is correct....

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
We're supposed to get snow tomorrow as well, and I'm hoping it's not more than an inch or two.
FingersCrossed.png