• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I hate those big drops in temp at night, though the other day wasn't that cold, but the wind was so strong there was a collapse of scaffolding around a building that came down. That's scary.

Oh wow! That IS scary.

And, I don't like the big drops at night either - it takes your breath away when you step outside because it's such a drastic change.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I heard about it on the news the other night, but don't recall what time of day it happened, or whether there were any casualties.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Depending on what article you read, two to six people were injured, one was a firefighter. The scaffolding had been in place for almost a year. One of the people who worked in that building stated, “That scaffold’s been there for a while and it’s been shaking. In the morning, we seen it like shaking a little bit; basically just gave out, you know.”

upload_2017-11-22_13-32-11.png

Wind gusts caused construction scaffolding to collapse above a subway entrance in New York City's busy SoHo neighborhood, authorities said.

Five people suffered moderate to minor injuries in the incident around 11:30 a.m. local time on Sunday when wind gusts were reported to be around 30 mph to 35 mph. They were taken to Bellevue Medical Center.

High winds blamed for scaffolding collapse in busy NYC area

The Department of Buildings was called after receiving reports of a sidewalk shed collapse in front of a 12-story commercial office building on 568 Broadway, near Prince Street, sources tell PIX11 News.

Four people suffered minor injuries, and one suffered a moderate injury from the incident, NYPD said.

The Department of Buildings is investigating.

The sidewalk shed was installed in December 2016 in conjunction with a facade restoration and repair project at the building, sources said.

5 injured after scaffolding collapses into SoHo street

The FDNY took six people to the hospital – five civilians and a firefighter. All suffered minor injuries, with the most severely injured being a woman whose condition was stable at NYC Health + Hospitals/Bellevue late Sunday, the FDNY said.

Fire officials confirmed the weather was to blame.

“It was very, very breezy; winds coming shooting down out of the north down Broadway and the plywood paneling that acts as a barrier for the workers up on the scaffolding,” said FDNY Deputy Chief Chris Boyle. “It acted as a sail and it took the shed down.”

City Councilman Ben Kallos (D-5th) said some scaffolding stays in place for years and deteriorates over time.

“The scaffolding is supposed to protect us from buildings, but what’s going to protect us from the scaffolding?” Kallos said.

Kallos wants a three- to six-month limit on the overhead construction sheds that seem to be everywhere.

“The scaffolding should not be up so long that it becomes a danger in itself,” he said.

FDNY: High Winds The Culprit For SoHo Scaffolding Collapse

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
wasn't sure what this thread was for...but maybe it is for when things get a bit TOO scary... we here, in San Diego county - Southern California have got a RED FLAG WARNING for bad fire hazard conditions.... looks like the "Santa Anna Winds" will hit all of Southern California on Monday...and it looks like it will go on more than a week?! yikes! first bad winds since TWO wet winters produced a LOT of new brush growth in all the forest and open hill areas!! So NOT good! I have my house literally sealed up against dust and potential smoke of any fires, since my lungs are so fragile! This is one time it's good to just be 'house bound'. (in that I have created a sort of 'safe bubble' with my high end air filtration heating and cooling system. It won't get too hot, but very very dry (not normal for our coastal mountains all the way to the beaches). I HATE this kind of thing! We have many protected natural areas (of brush and stream beds) that run from the local high mountains all the way to the coast for natural habitats- animals, plants, hiking, parks etc.. but those create real hazards for the housing areas all around them. I live right near one of those areas. :(

Terre

Renowned
I hope you stay safe and healthy mam. {{hugs}}
From what we've been posting here I think this thread is for anything related to weather conditions and your situation certainly fits.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Yup, Santa Ana winds starting here tonight too-- at least the fire danger will be low for us with all the fuel gone due to September's big fire. The hot, dry winds will bring the temperatures up to 90+ f (32+ c) by Wednesday and gusts 50-65+ mph (80-104+ kmph) funneled our canyon... not a very good weather situation.

Miss B

CV-BEE
FingersCrossed.png
Here's hoping you guys are none the worse, as the saying goes, when it's all said and done.

Miss B

CV-BEE
WOW, I just saw the Supermoon!! It only lasted about 5 minutes while there was a break in the thick cloud cover we've had here most of the day. Boy was it something to see. I'm hoping the clouds move fast, and there's another break, not that I have a good camera to take a picture of it, well not a digital one in any case.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I just checked, and there's another, larger break in the clouds, and the Supermoon is shining in my kitchen window. ;)

It's amazing how big it looks compared to how it looks the rest of the year.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thunder storming at the moment. On tablet so I don't get zapped but want to be playing in DAZ waaaaaaa

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Must be raining everywhere, we have just received a flood warning txt via mobile from the emergency services for overnight ( another 5 hours or so away ) ... so if my posts/renders look a bit soggy tomorrow you know why!