• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Looks like a nice sunrise to me. And a rainbow...though mostly the red visible.

Dana
On the Pics it does not look so dramatic than in real. The light was un usual . Like fake light and the sunrise was creepy.
My way in the morning with Maiko, see many sunrise , but this one was out of the box.

Attachments

• IMG_20210624_054924.jpg
    IMG_20210624_054924.jpg
    528.3 KB · Views: 108

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
After a week of storm ( even at 8 in the morning :somad: )
today look good so far. Very fresh outside ,11 ° , but clear sky.

Attachments

• IMG_20210626_060426.jpg
    IMG_20210626_060426.jpg
    535.8 KB · Views: 100

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Our forecast not looking good for the next days starting tomorrow 34-36 C ( 92-97 F) , hot & humid to the end of the month . :(
I guess almost the same for everyone , US is on "fire" ..

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Forecast here in the Pacific Northwest for the coming week is over 100 degrees F! Whew! The low one night is 80 degrees!

Unbelievable!
That's crazy , my sister not far from you took couple days off from work , it was impossible to work with broken AC yesterday.
The Jet Stream got a little caca
the Atlantic water on the beach already 25C (78F) here , the sharks gonna love the North East waters this season.. and of course a fuel for hurricanes.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Yes, it's HOT. I live northwest of Seattle, near the Strait of Juan De Fuca. Temps yesterday were in the mid-upper 90s, which people may think is no big deal, except the normal temps now is normally in the upper 60s -low 70s!! I just read that as of a few years ago, only 44 percent of the people in Seattle have air conditioning in their homes, the least of any metro area in the U.S. I know we never had one til a few years ago.

Usually out here, it cools down at night (unlike back East) and you can pull cool air in night time and early morning and keep it comfortable all day. A few years ago, smoke from wildfires made that impossible, so we got a small window air conditioner. It'll be getting some use the next few days as the temps are supposed to be pretty high...

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Yes, it's HOT. I live northwest of Seattle, near the Strait of Juan De Fuca. Temps yesterday were in the mid-upper 90s, which people may think is no big deal, except the normal temps now is normally in the upper 60s -low 70s!! I just read that as of a few years ago, only 44 percent of the people in Seattle have air conditioning in their homes, the least of any metro area in the U.S. I know we never had one til a few years ago.

Usually out here, it cools down at night (unlike back East) and you can pull cool air in night time and early morning and keep it comfortable all day. A few years ago, smoke from wildfires made that impossible, so we got a small window air conditioner. It'll be getting some use the next few days as the temps are supposed to be pretty high...
Alisa that is crazy , I just checked the region , it is insane how the air is moving , it should cool off but somehow it pushing from all direction creating hotspots bubble , I talked to my sister this morning already 93F , as you they not often use AC , so she is melting because the body is not used to this unexpected heat , jumping in temp are never good, so stay safe !

You are living in a beautiful area Alisa

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Hope your sister can stay cool, Cath! Yes, I do live in a beautiful area, thanks :)
Yes they installed one in their master bedroom , she refusing to leave it today, and took couple of days off until situation change and they fix the AC unit at work .
She was not feeling well yesterday at work from the heat and go home after the midday already.
But today she is ok already .
Thank you Alisa !

eclark1894

Visionary

It cools down here in the East, Alisa. It's just that the humidity here is usually so high in the summer.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
It cools down here in the East, Alisa. It's just that the humidity here is usually so high in the summer.
cools down indeed last week , but it just started again and continue until next Thursday.
Humid is always the problem , well for us nothing new, normal summer weather as usual .

Screenshot 2021-06-26 161211.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-26 161341.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-06-26 161341.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 110

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
That's certainly a big part of it, but it also does not cool down to the degree it does here typically if we DO have a hot day. It was never cool enough when I was growing up (in the Northeast) to just have a fan running at night to cool things down and keep it cool through the next day. Obviously, there are also a zillion more hot days back there. Plus the disgusting humidity.... ;)

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
That's certainly a big part of it, but it also does not cool down to the degree it does here typically if we DO have a hot day. It was never cool enough when I was growing up (in the Northeast) to just have a fan running at night to cool things down and keep it cool through the next day. Obviously, there are also a zillion more hot days back there. Plus the disgusting humidity.... ;)
exactly , a fan is worthless when the air humidity is at its highest % it will not cool off the air or your skin , it is just an illusion.
today we have it at 75% so good luck for those with just a fan .. I like my air to be crisp for sleeping ;)

Last edited:

eclark1894

Visionary
exactly , a fan is worthless when the air humidity is at its highest % it will not cool off the air or your skin , it is just an illusion.
today we have it at 75% so good luck for those with just a fan .. I like my air to be crisp for sleeping ;)
I wouldn't say a fan is worthless. Like Alisa, when I was growing up, all we had were fans. And I live in the southeast of the US, NC to be exact, so the humidity here is stupid. I was in my twenties before we finally got an air conditioner. Otherwise we slept with the fan on and in the window. :)

DanaTA

Distinguished
Windows open, lights out, fans on...some nights it just didn't help at all. Didn't ever have A/C until we bought this house in 2001. Went from nothing to central A/C. What a difference! We don't keep it crazy cold, though, just comfy.

Dana

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Windows open, lights out, fans on...some nights it just didn't help at all. Didn't ever have A/C until we bought this house in 2001. Went from nothing to central A/C. What a difference! We don't keep it crazy cold, though, just comfy.

Dana
Sadly it went the other way for me - from central air to nothing when I moved. Worse I have been unable to make arrangements to correct this in any way.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
It is almost midnight and 86% humid .. fan or not, it would be still 86% of humid , fans don't cool off anything if you dealing with humid , like PC will be never cooler as the ambient temperature no matter how many fans you put on it , it will be always the same as the room temperature.

Last edited:

unreal

Noteworthy
It is almost midnight and 86% humid .. fan or not, it would be still 86% of humid , fans don't cool off anything if you dealing with humid , like PC will be never cooler as the ambient temperature no matter how many fans you put on it , it will be always the same as the room temperature.
I just had nightmarish flashback of being a kid in 70's New Jersey in the summer. No AC. Plus mosquitos. I'm not sure how I survived. Some days, I'm not sure *if* i survived.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
it's a bit cold down south where we are not locked down but restricted to wearing masks... which I don't have any as we've not needed them throughout this pandemic, so I can't go out as you have to wear one if you do go out.... o_O

and ... we have toilet paper :cool:

1624772931796.png