• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well it's still nippy here at 65° at 3:10pm, with a forecast of 50° tonight. They are predicting temps up into the mid- to high 70s for the rest of the week, so that's going to be a lot more comfortable. I'm just hoping the weather doesn't get nippy again until we get heat in mid-October. ~brrr~

DanaTA

Distinguished
62 here right now. Only 68 inside, on the main level. I don't turn the heat on this early. Usually, some time in October. I'm less tolerant to the cold these days. Ever since I was told to take a low dose aspirin daily. I blame that. It thins your blood a little. Thus...you get cold easier. Still, I will not turn on the heat this early! I'm still wearing short sleeved tees, too. Not for long, if this keeps up. But it is supposed to get to the upper 70s by Wednesday.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
You are correct about the low dose aspirin thinning out your blood so you feel the cold easier. I've been on it or over a decade, and right now I'm wearing a sweatshirt over my t-shirt. I won't bother you with what I've been wearing to sleep the past few nights. ~shakes head~ Here in NYC we don't get heat until October 15th, and then lose it on April 15th. The hardest part is, it has to be below 40° degrees between 10pm and 6am, or we don't get heat at night. Of course, if it's been on all day, it's not too bad, but if it hasn't been . . . forget about it!

DanaTA

Distinguished
We've already had at least one night below 40 here. But it only has gotten into the 60s in the house. Not something I'm comfortable with, but I tough it out.

Dana

Stezza

Dances with Bees
we are currently in the inbetween!

when it's too warm at night to have the bedcovers on yet it's a bit cold to not have them on...

The Inbetween! :flower02: :inverted:

Reactions: Jan

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
It's chilly enough in the evenings I need to use my thick blanket while on the couch reading or I freeze. But once I turn off the light to go to sleep, I need to switch back to my fleece stadium blanket to sleep under or I get way too hot by morning.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
We're starting to get warmer here...beginning to feel like spring but the weather is still typical of Melbourne and very changeable.

Terre

Renowned
We've only needed to use the heater for a few days so far. Still mostly the A/C. We're getting into the time of year when the temps yoyo a lot.

Miss B

CV-BEE
We had a very nice day today, certainly compared to the past few nippy days and nights. I don't think I'm going to need the second blanket tonight.

DanaTA

Distinguished
It got to at least 81 here today! And the next four days are expected to be around the same. No shivering in the sheets tonight. I would rather that the temps would gradually go down, rather than experiencing a sudden drop like that.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, that's what I prefer as well. It was so sudden and unexpected. I usually don't see weather like that until the end of October, or the beginning of November. For it to drop like that in September is just weird.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
We've been having good weather for spring in the mid twenties but today is back to winter. Rain and more rain.

Miss B

CV-BEE
We had a lot of rain during the summer months, but not so bad now. Today was another nice day. No sun, but the temp was on the mild side in the 70s.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Very true. When it rains here in the Spring, all the flowers start to bloom, and the trees start sprouting leaves. I just don't like the heavy rains which make it hard to get where you're going, or hard to do what you need to do outdoors.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Springtime in our Sanctuary... and the warmer weather means the grass grows quickly, more so since the floods now the ground is full of nutrients!

turned chilly the last couple of days but temps will be rising again soon :shineon: :inverted:

the Ducks.jpg

DanaTA

Distinguished
Another day close to 80. Probably got there, but I forgot to check during the normally warmest time of the day. It was already 78 early in the day.

Our summer was on the dry side. Yes, it rained, but very light rain or a sudden downpour, which just runs off and doesn't help the land. But not a lot of rain, either way. We are still below average in our area, and in what the meteorologist I watch calls a mild drought.

Dana