• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

This Ain't Rocket Science...WIP thread

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I tend to add aged to arms and legs, but it's not essential.

I use Chubby and Pear (in addition to Bulk that Glitter mentioned) quite a bit.

I rarely ... if ever ... use SuperModel or Voluptuous.

I really dislike definition. Just because it really messes up the abdomen muscles and requires a lot of restore/smooth in that area. And, if you have buttons, it wreaks havoc on them.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Yeah, you might end up doing what you're most comfortable with.

We will probably all want something extra. I know how that goes.

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Just about finished with adding and adjusting morphs. Just a few more tweaks here and there. Here's a quick firefly render with morphs added and some color for fun. :)

ff test 4.jpg

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Just got a new update for 3dcoat and grabbed a host of new pbr materials and some fun fabric and stitch brushes and tiles to go with it. Having a fun time. Here's a test play with the updated 'coat and mats.

ff test 5.jpg

I think I could seriously go overboard with texture creation on this one. :)

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
OK, finally had a chance to sit down, now that Harvey has moved on. Here's a second texture set for the outfit I've been working on. I hope now that things are slowly getting back to normal here, I can settle down and get the last few texture sets done and get this outfit tested and submitted.

ff test 6.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
ohhhhhh I want to play with textures for this when I finish what I've already got in the works! Awesome outfit!

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Here's another set. This one showed up a small problem with the uvmap, so I'll need to look into that.

ff test 7.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Are the sleeves supposed to be a different color than than the top, as they look like slate grey, and the top is obviously black?

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
It's how the light is effecting the material. I need to adjust the lights for better coverage. They're actually both supposed to be more greenish tint.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
It looks good.
I'd like one without cut-outs and was going to use the Dawn Clothing MR set but not sur how much changing I need to do.
All I need is a solid one like the old V3 Catsuit.

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
OK, so here's what hope will be the first final texture set. I'm planning to do five pants textures with matching for the shorts and five tops with two different glove sets, one to match the pants and one to match the top. Also, five boot sets. How's that?

ff test 9.jpg ff test 9b.jpg ff test 9c.jpg