1. We are upgrading to a 2.0 version of our forum as this 1.5 version is no longer supported. Please look at your bookmarks if you have them and note them in a text document as the import process for bookmarks may not work correctly. We will have bookmarks in the 2.0 version so you will be able to recreate whatever may be lost in the upgrade. Everything else appears to have come across fine in our initial tests. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

This Ain't Rocket Science...WIP thread

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by David, Mar 22, 2016.

1. David

David Adventurous Contributing Artist

The motorcycle I was working on is finally in the store. Presenting Sport Moto XL. :)

Now, on to other projects. (Which will be revealed very soon.)

Hornet3d, quietrob and Rae134 like this.
  2. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Congrats on getting it into the store. It's looking real good. ;)

David likes this.
  3. quietrob

quietrob Extraordinary

Excellent! Nice work!

David likes this.
  4. Hornet3d

Hornet3d Distinguished

Saw it arrive in store and it went straight into the cart. Hope to have a play with some renders this weekend.

David likes this.
  5. David

6. Hornet3d

Hornet3d Distinguished

Managed to be able to grab a little time so this is my first play with the bike and the suit together, I have already played with he suit textures so I did the same on the bike. Nothing wrong with the textures supplied on either they are great, it is a personal thing, I rarely use the textures straight from the box, I guess I just love playing.

Afternonn Ride HW.jpg

Nothing great as far as the render is concerned but enough to wet my appetite, I clearly need to play with this a lot more. Both products work well and the poses are great needing only a slight tweak from me and that is because my Dawn figure is scaled to portray a 5 foot (ish) figure.

7. David

Oh, I really like that suit texture. Nice.

8. Hornet3d

Hornet3d Distinguished

Thanks, I want to play with the bike textures a lot more. I normally have a quick go with a new product to see if I like working with it and want to spend the time making changes, sort of dipping my toe in the water so to speak. I love working with both the bike and the suit so I want to work it into my story, changing textures in an attempt to keep a common feel/style.

David likes this.
  9. Bonnie2001

Bonnie2001 Extraordinary

Nice work I think. Some shadows under the bike and maybe less blur on the wheels will make it rock if thats' okay to suggest!

10. Hornet3d

Hornet3d Distinguished

Perfectly alright to suggest, I am always open to any suggestions, well most anyway :). Yep your right about the lack of shadows, the plan was to have two renders one with just the bike and the rider and the other the background. Good plan but I forgot I had added and sky dome and not set it up correctly so it appeared in the render that meant to be the top, hence it was no good. End result and quick and dirty cut and paste to the background but the shadows were left behind. I would normally had done another render but I had already decided I wanted to work a lot more with this so I cheated for the time being.

The blur on the wheels surprised me as I did not add any blur to the top render but I do see what you mean, need to have a look at that as I go forward.

Thanks for taking the time to comment, it is honestly very much appreciated.

LisaB likes this.
  11. David

Here are a few shots of what I've been working on. The modeling for the outfit is done. I'm going to work on some high heeled boots to go with it. Comments and suggestions are welcome.

ScreenHunter_329 Jul. 24 23.30.jpg ScreenHunter_330 Jul. 24 23.30.jpg ScreenHunter_331 Jul. 24 23.31.jpg

12. Miss B

Looking good so far David. :)

David likes this.
  13. quietrob

quietrob Extraordinary

Thank you! When I see some color I'll know a little better to comment.

LisaB likes this.
  14. Rae134

Rae134 Renowned CV-BEE Contributing Artist

Love it!

David likes this.
  15. Pendraia

Pendraia Seasoned Contributing Artist

Looking good...

David likes this.
  16. Hornet3d

Hornet3d Distinguished

Looking good......warming up the credit card.

David likes this.
  17. David

I've modeled two versions of the shoes I plan to use for the new outfit, and I need opinions. The pair with the slouch sort of look is what I planned in my original design, the other pair was a second thought. I shouldn't have had the second thought because now I'm torn. Your opinions would be helpful.

ScreenHunter_332 Jul. 26 12.10.jpg ScreenHunter_333 Jul. 26 12.11.jpg

18. Miss B

I'm afraid I won't be of much help. I can't decide which would look better either. :(

David likes this.
  19. David

At least I know it's not just me. :)

20. Rae134

Rae134 Renowned CV-BEE Contributing Artist

Have both, a girl always loves choices :p hehehe

David likes this.