1. We are upgrading to a 2.0 version of our forum as this 1.5 version is no longer supported. Please look at your bookmarks if you have them and note them in a text document as the import process for bookmarks may not work correctly. We will have bookmarks in the 2.0 version so you will be able to recreate whatever may be lost in the upgrade. Everything else appears to have come across fine in our initial tests. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

This Ain't Rocket Science...WIP thread

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by David, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Art_of_Mind

Art_of_Mind Engaged Contributing Artist

@David I really like your stuff! Great work!

David likes this.
  2. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Looking good to me David. :)

David likes this.
  3. David

David Adventurous Contributing Artist

Thank you. I'm looking for some pose references now. If anyone has any decent pose reference photos for cycle and rider please point me to them. I don't seem to be having much luck. I'm probably not using the right terms to search.

4. Gadget Girl

Gadget Girl Extraordinary Contributing Artist

Well you've done a better job than I usually feel like I can do getting SF and FF to match with shiny or reflective surfaces. They both look really good.

David likes this.
  5. David

Thank you. I really think I'm doing it wrong, though. 3dCoat creates great PBR mats, so I use those to start with. I use the generated 3dCoat PBR mats to create the Superfly materials. Then, I go back into Poser to try and match the Firefly materials to the Superfly. I think it would work better the other way 'round. I'm used to it now, though.

6. David

Got a few poses done. Here's the Dawn Rider outfit and the Sport Moto bike together for the first time (in public). I liked how it turned out, so I just had to show it.

Rendered in Superfly.

Pose test.jpg

mininessie, Miss B, Hornet3d and 2 others like this.
  7. quietrob

quietrob Extraordinary

Looks Great David!!

David likes this.
  8. Gadget Girl

Looks good. Just a thought suggesting I had as I was looking at the image. I don't know if you had the glowing light on the side of the helmet before, but it seems to me it would be cool if you had two texture options, one for the light off, and one for the light on. My though is that maybe the helmet is paired to the bike, so that when that light is glowing a HUD displays on the inside of the helmet with info from the bike such as speedometer, gas meter, maybe a GPS map, weapons lock . . .

Rae134, Miss B and David like this.
  9. David

Great idea. Never thought of two textures. I just thought the user could adjust as needed in the material room, but on second thought your way might be better. Nothing like more work to keep me off the streets. :)

Rae134 likes this.
  10. Miss B

I agree, great idea GG.

11. Gadget Girl

I think two textures would be a plus for most users. I wouldn't be too scared to go into the material room and change things manually, but I can imagine some people would be. Also, although it's a little more work for you, I think it's one of those relatively simple (compared to the scope of the project) features that would really attract users.

Besides, it sounds like suggesting this is making the streets somewhere safer ;)

Rae134 and David like this.
  12. David

I'm all for safer streets. :) After I finish with the motorcycle poses, I'll get right on the texture change. Thanks.

13. David

Another pose done. :)

Pose test 2.jpg

14. Miss B

Whoa, taking a sharp curve. :)

David likes this.
  15. David

Last pose done. I've completed more than I've shown here, but this is the last one. Pose creation isn't my strong suit. I've got 7 character poses and 6 poses for the motorcycle. Just basic stuff. Hopefully, someone else will do a really awesome pose set for this later.

Pose test 3.jpg

16. David

Motorcycle is done! Now, for testing. :)

RAMWolff likes this.
  17. KageRyu

KageRyu Rabid Art Monkey Contributing Artist

I would be willing to try to do up some poses. For Dusk too.

David likes this.
  18. David

That would be great. I'm almost ready to submit this to Hivewire. What do you need?

19. Rae134

Rae134 Renowned CV-BEE Contributing Artist

Dusk Poses would be good.
    I love this set, this is a Superfly render (NOT High Quality, bit grainy in the shadows, but still looks good)
    bike.jpg

Carey, Pendraia, David and 2 others like this.
  20. KageRyu

KageRyu Rabid Art Monkey Contributing Artist

I work in Poser, so I would just need the Poser version files. If you want me to use the Suit in the promos I would need the suit and bike. I wont be able to start them immediately as I need to finish up 1 set for here, and 2 sets promised for a group release elsewhere right now (all are very close to finished though). I should be able to start by mid to end of week and have something soon.

David likes this.