• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

This Ain't Rocket Science...WIP thread

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Thank you. I'm looking for some pose references now. If anyone has any decent pose reference photos for cycle and rider please point me to them. I don't seem to be having much luck. I'm probably not using the right terms to search.

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Thank you. I really think I'm doing it wrong, though. 3dCoat creates great PBR mats, so I use those to start with. I use the generated 3dCoat PBR mats to create the Superfly materials. Then, I go back into Poser to try and match the Firefly materials to the Superfly. I think it would work better the other way 'round. I'm used to it now, though.

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Got a few poses done. Here's the Dawn Rider outfit and the Sport Moto bike together for the first time (in public). I liked how it turned out, so I just had to show it.

Rendered in Superfly.

Pose test.jpg

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Got a few poses done. Here's the Dawn Rider outfit and the Sport Moto bike together for the first time (in public). I liked how it turned out, so I just had to show it.

Looks good. Just a thought suggesting I had as I was looking at the image. I don't know if you had the glowing light on the side of the helmet before, but it seems to me it would be cool if you had two texture options, one for the light off, and one for the light on. My though is that maybe the helmet is paired to the bike, so that when that light is glowing a HUD displays on the inside of the helmet with info from the bike such as speedometer, gas meter, maybe a GPS map, weapons lock . . .

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Great idea. Never thought of two textures. I just thought the user could adjust as needed in the material room, but on second thought your way might be better. Nothing like more work to keep me off the streets. :)

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Never thought of two textures. I just thought the user could adjust as needed in the material room, but on second thought your way might be better. Nothing like more work to keep me off the streets. :)

I think two textures would be a plus for most users. I wouldn't be too scared to go into the material room and change things manually, but I can imagine some people would be. Also, although it's a little more work for you, I think it's one of those relatively simple (compared to the scope of the project) features that would really attract users.

Besides, it sounds like suggesting this is making the streets somewhere safer ;)

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
I'm all for safer streets. :) After I finish with the motorcycle poses, I'll get right on the texture change. Thanks.

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Last pose done. I've completed more than I've shown here, but this is the last one. Pose creation isn't my strong suit. I've got 7 character poses and 6 poses for the motorcycle. Just basic stuff. Hopefully, someone else will do a really awesome pose set for this later.

Pose test 3.jpg

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
That would be great. I'm almost ready to submit this to Hivewire. What do you need?

D

Deleted member 325

That would be great. I'm almost ready to submit this to Hivewire. What do you need?
I work in Poser, so I would just need the Poser version files. If you want me to use the Suit in the promos I would need the suit and bike. I wont be able to start them immediately as I need to finish up 1 set for here, and 2 sets promised for a group release elsewhere right now (all are very close to finished though). I should be able to start by mid to end of week and have something soon.