1. We are upgrading to a 2.0 version of our forum as this 1.5 version is no longer supported. Please look at your bookmarks if you have them and note them in a text document as the import process for bookmarks may not work correctly. We will have bookmarks in the 2.0 version so you will be able to recreate whatever may be lost in the upgrade. Everything else appears to have come across fine in our initial tests. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

This Ain't Rocket Science...WIP thread

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by David, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Nice render Rae. A bit more Samples in SuperFly would take care of the shadows.

Rae134 likes this.
  2. David

David Adventurous Contributing Artist

Great! Let me finish up the few things found by my testers, and I'll be in touch. :)

3. David

Aaarrrggggghhhh!!!!

I feel better now. :)

4. David

I just found out that the outfit Rider Action Outfit for Dawn is live in the store now. :) Yay!!!

Her motorcycle will be coming soon (I hope).

5. Pendraia

Pendraia Seasoned Contributing Artist

Congrats David on getting it to the store! It looks fantastic. I wish it was for DS as well but understand that it can be tough to convert things to other programs.

David likes this.
  6. Rae134

Rae134 Renowned CV-BEE Contributing Artist

Congrats!

I don't have the latest that's in store just Davids beta, I didn't test in DS but I just rendered this for you Pen. I just hit the textures with the Uber shader, and it did come up with the autoclone box, just hit unknown etc and it loaded on Dawn fine, no poke through. :)
    Dawn Rider Iray.jpg

Carey, David, Pendraia and 1 other person like this.
  7. Miss B

Looking good Rae. :)

8. Pendraia

Cool...that is good to know Rae! Now I'm going to have a vicious debate with myself about whether I can buy it or I need to save my cash for ZBrush 5 when it finally comes out.

Rae134 likes this.
  9. Rae134

Rae134 Renowned CV-BEE Contributing Artist

LOL
    I don't even need to debate with myself anymore, no work means not money which means I can't buy.

10. Pendraia

That's no fun...for once I actually have some money in my account but only because I haven't been around much. There are a number of things I want to get from Rendo for Dawn but haven't so I missed the sale prices unfortunately.

Rae134 likes this.
  11. Miss B

Yeah the sales were over quickly, though I picked up a couple/three things. It would've been nicer to be able to pick up more if the sale had lasted another week.

Pendraia likes this.
  12. Pendraia

Ah well that's life...I really liked a couple of hairs. I had about $70 in my cart and couldn't decide which to keep and which to move to my wishlist. Life has been so frantic recently that I just left my run too late. One more week and I'll have holidays though which I really, really need.

13. Miss B

Yes, some time off will be good for you.

14. Pendraia

Yep...hanging out for it and counting down the days.

15. Pendraia

First render in DS...I didn't have your Dawn Rider.jpg wonderful bike so I had to improvise.

Carey, Miss B, David and 2 others like this.
  16. quietrob

quietrob Extraordinary

Looks great! Proper Pose, an unlikely sight of antigravity made to look normal yet exciting. The proper suspension of belief because that reflection is just about perfect. How long did it take to render?

17. Pendraia

Not long at all...I was surprised how quickly it finished. The pose that came with the vehicle worked reasonably well I only had to adjust the y and the Z as Dawn is in a different spot to begin with that makes sense. Did need to add a smoothing modify and manually bend the foot on the body suit but they're minor things.

quietrob likes this.
  18. David

Cool image, Pendraia! I love the pose and the shadow/reflection on the water. :)

Pendraia likes this.
  19. Miss B

I have to agree Pen. I'm loving that reflection. ;)

Pendraia likes this.
  20. Pendraia

Thanks David and Miss B...I had to change the materials on the water to get the reflection initally it looked fairly boring. The pose came with the vehicle...all I did was move it into the correct place as Dawn is a bit more forward than other models.