• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

This Ain't Rocket Science...WIP thread

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
I work in Poser, so I would just need the Poser version files. If you want me to use the Suit in the promos I would need the suit and bike. I wont be able to start them immediately as I need to finish up 1 set for here, and 2 sets promised for a group release elsewhere right now (all are very close to finished though). I should be able to start by mid to end of week and have something soon.

Great! Let me finish up the few things found by my testers, and I'll be in touch. :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Congrats David on getting it to the store! It looks fantastic. I wish it was for DS as well but understand that it can be tough to convert things to other programs.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Congrats!

Congrats David on getting it to the store! It looks fantastic. I wish it was for DS as well but understand that it can be tough to convert things to other programs.
I don't have the latest that's in store just Davids beta, I didn't test in DS but I just rendered this for you Pen. I just hit the textures with the Uber shader, and it did come up with the autoclone box, just hit unknown etc and it loaded on Dawn fine, no poke through. :)
Dawn Rider Iray.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Cool...that is good to know Rae! Now I'm going to have a vicious debate with myself about whether I can buy it or I need to save my cash for ZBrush 5 when it finally comes out.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
LOL
I don't even need to debate with myself anymore, no work means not money which means I can't buy.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
That's no fun...for once I actually have some money in my account but only because I haven't been around much. There are a number of things I want to get from Rendo for Dawn but haven't so I missed the sale prices unfortunately.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yeah the sales were over quickly, though I picked up a couple/three things. It would've been nicer to be able to pick up more if the sale had lasted another week.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Ah well that's life...I really liked a couple of hairs. I had about $70 in my cart and couldn't decide which to keep and which to move to my wishlist. Life has been so frantic recently that I just left my run too late. One more week and I'll have holidays though which I really, really need.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Looks great! Proper Pose, an unlikely sight of antigravity made to look normal yet exciting. The proper suspension of belief because that reflection is just about perfect. How long did it take to render?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Not long at all...I was surprised how quickly it finished. The pose that came with the vehicle worked reasonably well I only had to adjust the y and the Z as Dawn is in a different spot to begin with that makes sense. Did need to add a smoothing modify and manually bend the foot on the body suit but they're minor things.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks David and Miss B...I had to change the materials on the water to get the reflection initally it looked fairly boring. The pose came with the vehicle...all I did was move it into the correct place as Dawn is a bit more forward than other models.