• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

This Ain't Rocket Science...WIP thread

Hornet3d

Wise
Managed to be able to grab a little time so this is my first play with the bike and the suit together, I have already played with he suit textures so I did the same on the bike. Nothing wrong with the textures supplied on either they are great, it is a personal thing, I rarely use the textures straight from the box, I guess I just love playing.

Afternonn Ride HW.jpg

Nothing great as far as the render is concerned but enough to wet my appetite, I clearly need to play with this a lot more. Both products work well and the poses are great needing only a slight tweak from me and that is because my Dawn figure is scaled to portray a 5 foot (ish) figure.

Hornet3d

Wise
Oh, I really like that suit texture. Nice.

Thanks, I want to play with the bike textures a lot more. I normally have a quick go with a new product to see if I like working with it and want to spend the time making changes, sort of dipping my toe in the water so to speak. I love working with both the bike and the suit so I want to work it into my story, changing textures in an attempt to keep a common feel/style.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Nice work I think. Some shadows under the bike and maybe less blur on the wheels will make it rock if thats' okay to suggest!

Hornet3d

Wise
Nice work I think. Some shadows under the bike and maybe less blur on the wheels will make it rock if thats' okay to suggest!

Perfectly alright to suggest, I am always open to any suggestions, well most anyway :). Yep your right about the lack of shadows, the plan was to have two renders one with just the bike and the rider and the other the background. Good plan but I forgot I had added and sky dome and not set it up correctly so it appeared in the render that meant to be the top, hence it was no good. End result and quick and dirty cut and paste to the background but the shadows were left behind. I would normally had done another render but I had already decided I wanted to work a lot more with this so I cheated for the time being.

The blur on the wheels surprised me as I did not add any blur to the top render but I do see what you mean, need to have a look at that as I go forward.

Thanks for taking the time to comment, it is honestly very much appreciated.

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
I've modeled two versions of the shoes I plan to use for the new outfit, and I need opinions. The pair with the slouch sort of look is what I planned in my original design, the other pair was a second thought. I shouldn't have had the second thought because now I'm torn. Your opinions would be helpful.

ScreenHunter_332 Jul. 26 12.10.jpg ScreenHunter_333 Jul. 26 12.11.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm afraid I won't be of much help. I can't decide which would look better either. :(