1. We are upgrading to a 2.0 version of our forum as this 1.5 version is no longer supported. Please look at your bookmarks if you have them and note them in a text document as the import process for bookmarks may not work correctly. We will have bookmarks in the 2.0 version so you will be able to recreate whatever may be lost in the upgrade. Everything else appears to have come across fine in our initial tests. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

This Ain't Rocket Science...WIP thread

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by David, Mar 22, 2016.

1. David

David Adventurous Contributing Artist

Back again. Here's the next final texture set. Lot's of things going on causing slow progress with this project. Hope to get a handle on things soon.

ff test 10.jpg ff test 10b.jpg ff test 10c.jpg

Chris, Pendraia, Rae134 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

These are coming along nicely David. :)

David likes this.
  3. David

Third set done.

ff test 11.jpg ff test 11b.jpg ff test 11c.jpg

Chris, Pendraia, Miss B and 1 other person like this.
  4. David

Fourth set done. Opinions, complaints?

ff test 12.jpg ff test 12b.jpg ff test 12c.jpg

Chris, Miss B and Rae134 like this.
  5. David

Fifth and final set (I hope). I need an opinion on this one. It may or may not have a problem. I had some minor issues with the uv map for the pants a while ago. Fixed it, no problem. Now, standing in a t-pose or viewing in 2d the uvmap is near perfect (as near to perfect as I can get it, anyway). When Dawn is posed as in the picture there appears to be a bit of stretching around the ankles. It's most noticeable on the right leg. Now, my question is, is this a problem or not? On the one hand, I say that would be exactly how a material might behave in real life. On the other hand, it's not perfect, I'm doomed.:(

I hadn't really noticed this until now. The checkerboard material is a real test for the uvmap. I won't do that again. :unsure:

ff test 13.jpg ff test 13b.jpg ff test 13c.jpg

Bonnie2001, Chris, Pendraia and 2 others like this.
  6. Rae134

Rae134 Renowned CV-BEE Contributing Artist

I love the checker board!

And pants that tight would most likely have stretching. I don't see it as a problem (tho others might).

David likes this.
  7. Dylan

Dylan Eager

They look nice David. I wouldn't be bothered by a bit of stretching there as it will be only barely visible.

David likes this.
  8. David

Well, that a relief. Now, I can worry about how to make these look good in Firefly. Boy, will that be fun. :unsure:

9. Miss B

I agree with what's already been said, and with the boots over the ankles, you really can't see it. In fact, the first time I went through the textures, I hadn't even noticed it. It wasn't until I re-read your comments, that I went back and looked specifically at that area.

Oh, and BTW, red and black is my all time favorite color combination. ;)

David likes this.
  10. Carey

Carey Extraordinary

way cool

David and Rae134 like this.
  11. David

OK, been gone awhile, but now I'm back. This outfit is done and soon to be resting in beta tester's hands. Barring some egregious oversight, I think it shouldn't be too long before this one is submitted to the store.

I'm already working on a new project. It's really stretching my abilities, but I'm psyched about it. Hope to have something to show soon. :)

Pendraia, Chris, Miss B and 1 other person like this.
  12. Chris

Chris HW3D President Co-Founder

Awesome, awesome outfit! Looks killer.

David likes this.
  13. David

14. Rae134

It is an awesome outfit! I've only just started testing and I love it already! (I think Miss B is going to love this Red and black one :p). Just a quick Superfly render
    SF Red and Black.jpg

15. Hornet3d

Hornet3d Distinguished

WOW is that looking good - warming up credit card.

16. Chris

Chris HW3D President Co-Founder

Holy crap!!! Love this work, and a gorgeous render. I simply must FB post this work!

So, so good. Wow!!!

17. Alisa

Alisa HW3D QAV Queen Bee QAV-BEE

Looking great, David! Lovely render, Rae!

18. Miss B

That she does!! Looking very good, and that's a really nice render Rae. ;)

Rae134 likes this.
  19. Rae134

gee thanks guys!

I've got a few appointments this morning so hopefully this arvo I can get some more testing done :)

20. Rae134

Another Superfly render, to show the sexy back and shorts (and a couple of more textures) :) I also updated the previous image with a couple of more Dawns to show some of the other textures.
    SF back.jpg Fashion Forward SF.jpg