• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

This Ain't Rocket Science...WIP thread

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Back again. Here's the next final texture set. Lot's of things going on causing slow progress with this project. Hope to get a handle on things soon.

ff test 10.jpg ff test 10b.jpg ff test 10c.jpg

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Fifth and final set (I hope). I need an opinion on this one. It may or may not have a problem. I had some minor issues with the uv map for the pants a while ago. Fixed it, no problem. Now, standing in a t-pose or viewing in 2d the uvmap is near perfect (as near to perfect as I can get it, anyway). When Dawn is posed as in the picture there appears to be a bit of stretching around the ankles. It's most noticeable on the right leg. Now, my question is, is this a problem or not? On the one hand, I say that would be exactly how a material might behave in real life. On the other hand, it's not perfect, I'm doomed.:(

I hadn't really noticed this until now. The checkerboard material is a real test for the uvmap. I won't do that again. :unsure:

ff test 13.jpg ff test 13b.jpg ff test 13c.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The checkerboard material is a real test for the uvmap. I won't do that again. :unsure:
I love the checker board!

And pants that tight would most likely have stretching. I don't see it as a problem (tho others might).

Dylan

Eager
They look nice David. I wouldn't be bothered by a bit of stretching there as it will be only barely visible.

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Well, that a relief. Now, I can worry about how to make these look good in Firefly. Boy, will that be fun. :unsure:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I agree with what's already been said, and with the boots over the ankles, you really can't see it. In fact, the first time I went through the textures, I hadn't even noticed it. It wasn't until I re-read your comments, that I went back and looked specifically at that area.

Oh, and BTW, red and black is my all time favorite color combination. ;)

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
OK, been gone awhile, but now I'm back. This outfit is done and soon to be resting in beta tester's hands. Barring some egregious oversight, I think it shouldn't be too long before this one is submitted to the store.

I'm already working on a new project. It's really stretching my abilities, but I'm psyched about it. Hope to have something to show soon. :)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
gee thanks guys!

I've got a few appointments this morning so hopefully this arvo I can get some more testing done :)