This Ain't Rocket Science...WIP thread

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by David, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Looking good Rae. BTW, is that bullet belt in the first render part of the set?

Rae134 likes this.
  2. Rae134

Rae134 Renowned CV-BEE Contributing Artist

Thanks Miss B, yep, its part of the pants texture.

3. Miss B

AHA! So not a separate prop. OK. :)

Rae134 likes this.
  4. Rae134

Some more play, first one (orange) has model morph (and I think I might have added voluptuous but I can't remember) and the second one (purple/green) has Body Builder, Definition, Voluptuous to really push the clothing and no poke thru yay!
    (thumbnails, click to view larger)
    FF Dance FF Orange.jpg FF Dance FF Purple.jpg

5. Miss B

Nice Rae, and I'm liking that first pose. What set is that from, or did you create it yourself?

Rae134 likes this.
  6. Rae134

nah not that good I can tweak poses ok but I have to have a good start LOL. Its from Rendo but I can't think of the name only that it is full of Dance poses :D Give me a little bit and I'll go track it down (I'm still waking up, haven't had my coffee yet :p)

EDIT to add: ok, found it, it is "Dance Till Dawn" by Ilona.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  7. Miss B

Oh I know, because I can't create poses from scratch either. I've not seen that pose set for Dawn before. I have a set of Disco dance poses for V4, but never saw one for Dawn, though I'm not sure whether I'll get it or not. It's on sale 'til the end of the month, so I have time to decide. ;)

Rae134 likes this.
  8. Hornet3d

Hornet3d Distinguished

I thought I recognised it I purchased that set sometime ago as I am another one who can tweak a pose but still need a good starting point.

Rae134 likes this.
  9. Rae134

I got it awhile ago with some others that quickly became my favs so I forgot I had it, first time I've used a pose from it, need to do more :D

And here is Sora!
    FF Sora FF.jpg

10. Miss B

Niiiice. OK, what hair is that?????

11. Rae134

Hr-138 by Ali, I love it, it fits Dawn so well, and I think it works for toony as well as normal characters. I must try his/her other hair.

2 more poses of the shorts and to show back of top more (thumbnails, click to view larger)
    Ff Cute FF Red Blue.jpg FF Pose FF Red.jpg

12. Miss B

Oh I have a lot of Ali's hairs. I usually buy them at his site, Mankahoo, and then just go to R'osity to see if anyone's done texture sets for them, so I can have a little more versatility. That way I save a couple of bucks. ;)

I'll think about that one. I don't go for all of his hair styles, but some do work out well, and yes, he has nice Dawn fits included on his newer hair sets.

Rae134 likes this.
  13. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

Keeps you from buying the texture sets, thinking they're hairs too. I hate when I do that.

14. Miss B

Well with Ali's hair sets, I know which are his, and which are texture sets for them. There's only maybe 2 or 3 vendors at R'osity who do textures for any of his hairs.

True his own site name is nowhere on the R'osity site, so I can see folks who aren't familiar with him might get confused. That said, his renders aren't quite as attractive as the render the texture artists put up in their stores, so not that hard to tell the difference. Besides, there's usually a link, or at least a text statement, which product the textures are for. If it's the hair itself, that statement/link wouldn't be on the product page at all.

15. Hornet3d

Hornet3d Distinguished

I love Ali's hairs and, since you mentioned this is the way you buy, I have dropped into his site when I want a new style. Like you, there are some styles I don't like but when there are so many I guess that is always going to happen. What I do like is all the different variations added to each style like the back and bangs length, a 'messy' and often wind morphs and so many others, they all make the styles so flexible.

16. Miss B

Very true. Ali's not skimpy on including morphs for his hair products.

17. David

David Adventurous Contributing Artist

OK. Outfit's in Hivewire's hands now. Waiting anxiously. :)

Miss B and Rae134 like this.
  18. Rae134

Yay!
    Of course you're welcome to use any of my images as promo's if you need :)

David likes this.
  19. Miss B

Very Cool. :)

David likes this.
  20. Hornet3d

Hornet3d Distinguished

As am I, makes mental note to check store on at least a daily basis.

David likes this.