• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

This Ain't Rocket Science...WIP thread

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Some more play, first one (orange) has model morph (and I think I might have added voluptuous but I can't remember) and the second one (purple/green) has Body Builder, Definition, Voluptuous to really push the clothing and no poke thru yay!
(thumbnails, click to view larger)
FF Dance FF Orange.jpg FF Dance FF Purple.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Nice Rae, and I'm liking that first pose. What set is that from, or did you create it yourself?

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
nah not that good I can tweak poses ok but I have to have a good start LOL. Its from Rendo but I can't think of the name only that it is full of Dance poses :D Give me a little bit and I'll go track it down (I'm still waking up, haven't had my coffee yet :p)

EDIT to add: ok, found it, it is "Dance Till Dawn" by Ilona.

Last edited:

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh I know, because I can't create poses from scratch either. I've not seen that pose set for Dawn before. I have a set of Disco dance poses for V4, but never saw one for Dawn, though I'm not sure whether I'll get it or not. It's on sale 'til the end of the month, so I have time to decide. ;)

Hornet3d

Wise
nah not that good I can tweak poses ok but I have to have a good start LOL. Its from Rendo but I can't think of the name only that it is full of Dance poses :D Give me a little bit and I'll go track it down (I'm still waking up, haven't had my coffee yet :p)

EDIT to add: ok, found it, it is "Dance Till Dawn" by Ilona.

I thought I recognised it I purchased that set sometime ago as I am another one who can tweak a pose but still need a good starting point.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Hr-138 by Ali, I love it, it fits Dawn so well, and I think it works for toony as well as normal characters. I must try his/her other hair.

2 more poses of the shorts and to show back of top more (thumbnails, click to view larger)
Ff Cute FF Red Blue.jpg FF Pose FF Red.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh I have a lot of Ali's hairs. I usually buy them at his site, Mankahoo, and then just go to R'osity to see if anyone's done texture sets for them, so I can have a little more versatility. That way I save a couple of bucks. ;)

I'll think about that one. I don't go for all of his hair styles, but some do work out well, and yes, he has nice Dawn fits included on his newer hair sets.

eclark1894

Visionary
Oh I have a lot of Ali's hairs. I usually buy them at his site, Mankahoo, and then just go to R'osity to see if anyone's done texture sets for them, so I can have a little more versatility. That way I save a couple of bucks. ;)

I'll think about that one. I don't go for all of his hair styles, but some do work out well, and yes, he has nice Dawn fits included on his newer hair sets.
Keeps you from buying the texture sets, thinking they're hairs too. I hate when I do that.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well with Ali's hair sets, I know which are his, and which are texture sets for them. There's only maybe 2 or 3 vendors at R'osity who do textures for any of his hairs.

True his own site name is nowhere on the R'osity site, so I can see folks who aren't familiar with him might get confused. That said, his renders aren't quite as attractive as the render the texture artists put up in their stores, so not that hard to tell the difference. Besides, there's usually a link, or at least a text statement, which product the textures are for. If it's the hair itself, that statement/link wouldn't be on the product page at all.

Hornet3d

Wise

I love Ali's hairs and, since you mentioned this is the way you buy, I have dropped into his site when I want a new style. Like you, there are some styles I don't like but when there are so many I guess that is always going to happen. What I do like is all the different variations added to each style like the back and bangs length, a 'messy' and often wind morphs and so many others, they all make the styles so flexible.