• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Wolf's Den... Outside of 3D

Carey

Extraordinary
@Carey - Not sure what you're talking about? I could probably make you something, these are very quick to do. But I'm not sure how a bird would use a scrunchie? Can you give me a bit better idea of what you're after? I think I'm missing something in translation here. :)
Casper.jpg

this is more then slightly worn out, the things hanging down are just that, things that hang down to give him something to distract him from plucking... it has a two inch neck hole and is about eight inches across....

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Awww. He's gorgeous!

It looks like the thing hanging is sewn? I'm not sure how well my things would hold up to his beak.

Let me play about with my yarns and see what I can do. :)

Carey

Extraordinary
Awww. He's gorgeous!

It looks like the thing hanging is sewn? I'm not sure how well my things would hold up to his beak.

Let me play about with my yarns and see what I can do. :)
the only part sown is the little hanging things, got one problem his head is very large and his neck very small, my sister used rug yarn. now I encourage you to have fun with it add a bow tie if you wish or anything cute you might think of, also I expect to pay for this...

Carey

Extraordinary
the only part sown is the little hanging things, got one problem his head is very large and his neck very small, my sister used rug yarn. now I encourage you to have fun with it add a bow tie if you wish or anything cute you might think of, also I expect to pay for this...
also it should be bowl shaped so it lays down on him better. Casper is an entertainer and is getting very well known for the show he puts on with children...lol it is made much the same way you make those hair things in case yiou can't see it very well in the pic...

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
@Seliah (Childe of Fyre) , when I saw you recent post on facebook it reminded me of a day when I was home sick.

I was sitting on the sofa in my pyjamas when I heard a loud crash. Went to the window to check and saw two large blocks looking like they were about to start fighting so I rushed to the doorway but by the time I got there they had started to fight. I used my best 'mum' voice and said, 'stop that now or I'll call the police'.

No one was more surprised than me when they actually stopped. I was terrified that one of them would come after me so stayed close to the door while I did this. I still rang the police as when I asked them they said to ring them.

When the police came I was surprised that they told me that many people had rang them about it but had been too scared to go out.

I still chuckle at the memory of me in my nightie yelling at two blokes who were much larger than me.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I thought you meant blokes not blocks!

But ... then, blocks could have been short for blockheads :wink:

I'd have been too scared to go outside too. But ... this is Philly. Interrupting a fight could get you shot.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
These days it could here also...there seems to be a number of illegal guns around. Still probably way less than Philly but way more than we used to. I think I would probably still do the same but stay behind the screen door rather than opening it.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I was really careful at the time but I wasn't going to let them keep fighting either. I'm rather glad that I live in a neighbourhood where people do call the police though.

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
These are just a couple examples of jewelry. The first one is a coyote claw necklace that my daughter begged me to make. She now refuses to wear it, but has it hanging on her wall instead. She's still afraid of it breaking or getting lost, I think. She won't let anyone touch it on the wall, but I've only seen her actually wear it once or twice. LOL

View attachment 16490

This second item was a necklace and earrings set... glass beads, pewter key charms... they are kind of heavy for wearing, but the set did manage to sell at the market. I did not make the earring wires or the black chord, though I did all the other work. There's wire wrapping involved in connecting the beads together and with the jump rings, etc. I actually wasn't sure if this set would sell because of the weight of the earrings. But it was one of the first things that sold off the table that year.

View attachment 16491

And this was a scarf I made for our next door neighbor's wife. She's a NZ national, and finds the upstate NY winters a tad too chilly for her tastes. She asked me if I would make her one of these... I basically handed her my yarn bag and told her to pick two colors, and these are the colors she chose. She's taken to using it even during the mid-Autumn and early Spring. I guess she finds out spring and autumn a bit chilly, too. :D

View attachment 16493

And this was a single wrist cuff/warmer that I made, again at request. My girl, as I've mentioned before, has high-functioning Autism. She has what used to be called Asperger's Syndrome. Which.. basically means that she looks and sounds completely normal to most people, unless they know what Autism is and how it manifests at various points of the spectrum.

Anyway - she has some sensory issues. Lots of nibbling/chewing, she's a very heavy chewer... and she has this thing where she always has to have something on her left wrist. ONLY her left, apparently. I lost count of the number of rubberbands and twist ties and other things that I had to take from her because they were just too tight for her skin and were threatening to cut off the circulation.

So we compromised on this. She got to pick the yarn and colors that she liked the look and feel of... and I made this for her to wear. Which... she did, and still does. I couldn't even get it away from her long enough to run it through the wash, LOL... nowadays I can just growl at her to wash it with her own stuff, and she will. But it's definitely showing it's age; it's no longer white like this, and the inside of it is completely flat from all the wearing. But it keeps her from wrapping the wrong things around her wrist, and gives her something to fidget with when she needs to as well.

View attachment 16492

And... this is just a trivet/hot pad for putting hot pots onto. Yes, it is actually thick enough to do the job. I've never had a pot burn through to the table on it yet...

View attachment 16494

Come to think of it, I honestly can't remember the last time we've actually bought trivets, pot holders, dish towels, or wash cloths... I usually just make what we need. Same goes for laundry soap, too. It's been at least three years since we've bought any commercial laundry soap... I make my own. Quite a few items fall under that category for us, I guess. No one ever accused us of being normal! :p

If you ever want to work together, I would be interested in making some 3d models of the jewelry you crafted.

Carey

Extraordinary
These days it could here also...there seems to be a number of illegal guns around. Still probably way less than Philly but way more than we used to. I think I would probably still do the same but stay behind the screen door rather than opening it.
If You don't have some home protection....GET SOME...If it has to be illegal...so be it...better to be judged by 12 then carried by 6...Now I don't mean for some coming revolution... Look at Porto Rico.....Florida... New Oleans.....Houston... In Houston things would have been a lot worse except for the Cajun Navy and the local militias and believe me they came armed.. Remember in any large scale emergency you can plan to be on your own for at least five days and you can take that to heart or to the grave yard!!!!!

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks you Seliah, you just put a smile on my face. ;)

See, I'm good for something! Take that, 8th grade gymn teacher.... :roflmao:

In all seriousness though - good, I'm glad. I needed the laugh badly myself, and Voltaire is just so sarcastic and irreverent - I love his music! LOL. And the one I linked here.. I so want that played at my funeral... watch a bunch of Orthodox have heart attacks on the spot!! :D :laugh: :roflmao: