• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Wolf's Den... Outside of 3D

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I quit using Skype after Avast blocked several ads as unsafe. I'd have paid for a version of Skype without ads, but that wasn't an option. Same reason I quit using the Wunderground weather app.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I usually use Weather.com to check the weather, or if I've already logged off my laptop, News NY 1 on the TV broadcasts the weather report every 10 minutes. I've never heard of the Wunderground weather app.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I've heard the name Wunderground. My daughter likes it, but she doesn't use it in app form. She goes to a website for it. So, I can't speak to the app for Wunderground, but I don't have ads on Skype. Now, granted, I think I back-doored a bit of code to stop it from serving ads on my computer some time ago. But as a result, I have a no-ads Skype so I haven't experienced what Satira is talking about.

Ironically, I am good at ignoring ads, and would have happily ignored them if they had not been chewing up my bandwidth and slowing my computer down every time they refreshed. That's why I ended up killing them. LOL

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
There are SO MANY THINGS that I've been caught up doing in the last year or so. SO MANY. LOL

At the moment, we're heavily into the gardening season. And since a big part of how I feed my family is dependent on what we can grow, I've spent much of my time outside working on that. People like to knock stay at home moms as lazy and useless, but without that, I wouldn't have the time to do this, and we'd have a lot less food on the plate over the winter. The cost of fresh produce in the stores is rapidly becoming prohibitive.

Anyway. We've been collecting mulberries this season with tarps. I've had gallons of them come down, and my freezer is quite full of them. And Bear has put in a deck for us, as well as a two-tier vertical planter wall along the fence on the east side, and a second level platform tier for my pots on the other (street side, west side) retaining wall. We have tomatoes, bell peppers, hot peppers, banana peppers, potatoes, cucumbers, mini romaine, radishes, and various herbs all growing in addition to the mulberries.

I've made this little backyard strip work to grow things in previous seasons, but not quite like this. ^_^

Once the berry drop season is over for the mulberry tree, we're going to be pruning that tree a bit, and then putting in raised beds in the box-shaped area behind the tarps. If we do that, I can get the bigger stuff planted, like broccoli, and cabbages and squashes and head lettuces. Things that have a long growing time where we don't have to do much with them during mulberry season would be perfect down there.

No wonder I've been lucky to touch my computer lately. :roflmao:

Attachments

• Garden 01.jpg
    Garden 01.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 209
  • Garden 02.jpg
    Garden 02.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 236
  • Garden 05.jpg
    Garden 05.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 205
  • Garden 04.jpg
    Garden 04.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 209
  • Garden 03.jpg
    Garden 03.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 211
  • Garden 08.jpg
    Garden 08.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 213
  • Garden 09.jpg
    Garden 09.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 216
  • Monarch June 2019.jpg
    Monarch June 2019.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 218

Carey

Extraordinary
beats my excuse, spent eleven days in the hospital near death ended up with heart surgery and a new artificial valve. lol so I am starting my second life...
i'm a cool cat so I have seven more lives to go...lol

great pics by the way

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
beats my excuse, spent eleven days in the hospital near death ended up with heart surgery and a new artificial valve. lol so I am starting my second life...

great pics by the way

Oh, no! I had no idea! I'm so glad you're recovering/recovered, but whoa. Glad you're still around. Hope you are doing better now!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Holy smokes Carey, glad you're ok!

Seliah, looks lovely

DanaTA

Distinguished

great pics by the way

Yikes! I'm glad you're recovering! Take it easy, though.

Dana

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I was wondering why we hadn't seen you for a while. Sheesh Carey, take care of yourself. :grouphug:

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
going to cardiac rehab now, they are beating me into shape, it is devious, using pretty nurses and them acting like drill sergeants...lol

thanks for the well wishes

Well, it does encourage participation, you have to admit... LOL

But in all seriousness - I'm glad you're still with us. Get better and recover. :)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Sitting in south Florida, I'm made acutely aware of just how much of a yankee mountain girl I really am.

It's only 69 outside, and 77 in the house. I'm miserably hot indoors, and my nieces are comfy. Outdoors, I'm a touch warm, but mostly comfortable, and my nieces are cold enough to be asking for their jackets. LOL

I want my 30 degrees back. :roflmao: