The Poser Content Directory is Finally Here!

Discussion in 'The Meadow' started by eclark1894, Sep 28, 2017.

1. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

Shvrdavid just posted a screenshot at the SM forum of what he sees and it's worse than yours.

2. Rae134

Rae134 Renowned CV-BEE Contributing Artist

On my computer using Edge, everything centres except your main image, the red title banner and the ad banner at the bottom (the top one does tho).

Also I noticed Faery_Light is under Clothing but I think should be under Characters? as I don't see any clothing in store.

Also I seam to be missing or am I too small? If not, I should be under animal (textures) as I have my Kitty Ponies textures and the BeJeweled horse textures are a team effort between myself and FL. I also have some clothing textures for some of Shelly W's basics clothing and Savage for Dawn textures (all my textures so far are DS and Poser).

3. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Oh, I haven't been over there for a while, so will go over and see what he's seeing.

4. Miss B

OK, as I posted over there, Scott's is basically the same as mine. I just think his monitor is larger, so it's more obvious in his screenshot than mine.

5. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

Thanks for letting me know about the Faery Light listing. She has been moved.

As for your listing, after looking at your store page, all I can say is that it may simply have been a case of not knowing where to categorize you, putting it off, until it slipped my mind. Give me a couple of days to find out where you should be properly listed and I'll make a post here when I do. If at that time you don't agree, PLEASE let me know.

Rae134 likes this.
  6. Rae134

Rae134 Renowned CV-BEE Contributing Artist

I only do textures but I don't think you have a category for Texture add-ons, otherwise it would be a texture subfolder under animal and clothing?

7. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

I don't, but maybe I should start one.:geek:

Nod and Rae134 like this.
  8. Miss B

That might be a good idea Earl, as there are a LOT of texture add-on creators out there. Some of them also do modeling, so you may already have them in your directory, and would only need to add them to the new category.

Nod likes this.
  9. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

I think the quickest and easiest way to do it right now is to add a Textures section to the Add-ons category.

Rae134 likes this.
  10. Miss B

That should work.

11. KageRyu

KageRyu Rabid Art Monkey Contributing Artist

Sadly - as Poser 11 becomes required for more and more content, I will be ending Poser support soon. I will submit content for older versions and products as long as marketplaces continue to accept it and there are sales to justify it - but sales have been low for Poser content for me since RuntimeDNA closed.

12. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

Why do you think your sales are low? I'm not questioning whether you're telling the truth, just wondering why you think people are buying less of your products?

13. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

Also, as far as I have seen Poser 11 is only required for items made for Superfly.

14. KageRyu

I have many suspicions, but do not want to speculate openly as it may seem to be harmful to some figures or markets. I can say, I haven't released as much lately for a lot of reasons, and I used to release a lot more of M4/V4 stuff at RDNA but I am distancing myself from them.

15. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

Are you stop making stuff at all or are you switching to DS products?

16. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

Something I posted over at the SM forum. I'm experimenting with adding a Search engine to the directory. It is not now and may never be a reality, but I'm experimenting.:geek:

Attached Files:

17. Nod

Nod Eager

Even though I've had Zbrush and Carrara for years, I still can't model anything, so I just make my own textures using photo references (which I sometimes take myself). I've toyed with the idea of selling them, so this category would be handy.

18. Dylan

Dylan Eager

That's a very useful resource Earl. You obviously put a lot of time into it.

19. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

Thanks Dylan. As I said, I'm experimenting. I seem to have three ways to go with this thing, build my own, use Google, or use a third party free one. It all seems to hang on how much I understand about how search engines work and the databases they use.

20. KageRyu

I will never support DS or Daz3D which was decided long ago, so I will simply be out of the markets once I stop supporting Poser. I'm hoping things will change that will allow me to continue, but it is not looking like it will.