• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Poser Content Directory is Finally Here!

eclark1894

Visionary
It's not centered and I've tried everything I know to try and shift it. Can't. It might be because I'm using a responsive coding which is supposed to take into account the device it's being displayed on. Not doing a very good job though. It looks worse on my phone. But the links and text all display fine.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
One thing I've noticed when centering images like banners is, I often have to set the width of the image, and add margins. Say your image is 1000px wide, I would set the width to 1000, and then set the margins to margin:0 auto; That will put an "auto" margin to the right and left of the image and 0 margin top and bottom of the image, since it's obvious the area it's going to be in is wider than the image itself.

I need to check to see how I usually do mine, as there might be something else I'm not thinking of off the top of my head, so I'll get back to you if there is something else you should be using. I put these in the stylesheet, so if you have a setup for the banner in your stylesheet already, add the width and margins to it and see if that helps.

quietrob

Extraordinary
That sounds like a solution, Miss B. @eclark1894 , know that I'm not criticizing. I couldn't have done what you have done. I just wondered if you were aware of the shift because sometimes, things don't appear to us but do to others. A simple thing like a different browser can make a difference.

The working links IS the most important thing.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Everything is perfect except for the splash screen picture.

This is what I see, reduced in size by half. Click on thumbnail.

EarlTest.jpg

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
Good job Earl.
I particularly like your comments in your ABOUT and BLOG sections.
Is Dynamic Clothing the future of Poser? Yes and YES!

quietrob

Extraordinary
I did a CClean three times. Maybe I have a permanent cache of the page. I don't see the change. At this point it's probably my resolution or some other nonsense. Plus I still have that Rendo Ad. Yeah, it's most likely me.

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK Earl, I just checked again, and the banner is still not centered on the page for me. I'm seeing that also for Biscuits banner at the bottom of the page. I did check the screenshot you attached above, so it's working for you, but not for others. What browser are you using?

I checked your HTML code, and you gave the header area the ID of branding, but in your stylesheet, you gave that ID an attribute of float:left; and that's why it's not being centered for most folks. I'd have to check whatever else you have as far as styles for that area, but try deleting that for now, and let's see if that fixes it.

eclark1894

Visionary
I don't know what to tell you, Miss B. I've checked the site in Chrome, Firefox and Explorer and I'm getting the same view in each.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhh, because I use Firefox, and I'm not seeing the banner image as centered. Hmmmmm . . .

quietrob

Extraordinary
No. I use Chrome and Firefox (which is really fast now). It's left shifted for me on both. I could see a cache issue on one but not both. The good news is that the site works great and there is an answer to this problem.

Nod

Adventurous
Mine isn't centred either. Like Quietrob, I use Firefox and Chrome.

I'm not bothered, it's the links that count. :laugh:

eclark1894

Visionary
I don't know what to tell you, Miss B. Obviously, I'd like for everyone to see the same thing I do, but I can only program for what I see on my screen. And I see the exact same thing in three different browsers. I'm also seeing that on the monitors I use at work.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I can't think of anything off-hand. I'd have to check your stylesheet a little more closely, as there might be something there that's affecting some folks, and not others. Strange, since we're both seeing different things with the same browser, so they should be the same. I can see if one of your 3 browsers didn't behave like the other 2, but 2 instances of the same browser should look the same.

Meanwhile, as I said before, your directory itself is working just fine, so leave the banner alone for now, and maybe someone will eventually help you get it working the same way for everyone.