• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Poser Content Directory is Finally Here!

eclark1894

Visionary
You don't have to write your own search engine. Here are some suggestions.

You know ... it sure looks to me like there are more than 19 vendors making stuff for Dawn ...

And definitely more than a handful making content for Poser.

But ... what do I know?!?
Who said there were only 19 vendors making stuff for Dawn? PE... sure, but Dawn???, She's waaaayyy more people that that.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Absolutely, Dawn has waaaayyy more people creating content for her.

Since I read the comment on the SM forums that most non-DAZ figures don't even have 19 vendors making stuff for them, I've been biting my tongue. Because while Dawn is a non-DAZ figure, she isn't what I'd consider to be poorly supported.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh far from. There are quite a few vendors over at Renderosity who regularly support Dawn.

eclark1894

Visionary
Need some advice on Secure Hosting. What is it? Is it necessary? Apparently I had it, but now I don't. And they want an extra 6 dollars a month. They do have a free one, but I'm led t believe it's just slightly better than nothing. Advice?

Miss B

CV-BEE
Who's your hosting company? I don't know for sure what Secure Hosting is, and it could mean different things at different web hosts.

eclark1894

Visionary
Who's your hosting company? I don't know for sure what Secure Hosting is, and it could mean different things at different web hosts.
Dreamhost.

They offer three differ "flavors". I know that it has something to do with a certificate. If you're using Chrome, at least, if you look up at the address bar above you'll see (probably) a green lock and the word "Secure". Right now, on the directory there's a lower case "i" inside a circle. on the Index page. Since my site is free and I don't collect any information on anyone, I don't think the users have much to fear. but it does worry me. Dreamhost hasn't responded yet to an inquiry I sent them.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ahhh, they've been my web host since 2005, and they are good.

I use Firefox, so don't see anything like what you're describing, and my only "free" site is a test bed for when I'm working on WordPress site development, and I just checked and don't see that. It's possible you turned something on while viewing your Control Panel, or it's something they're offering for new sites.

Now you have me curious, so I'll have to check my account and see what's what. Then I might have a more definitive answer for you. Also, it might be a Chrome thing. Not all browsers are exactly the same.

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, just checked my Control Panel, and found the Secure Hosting option. There's three of them, and as far as I know web hosts usually only offered a paid-for SSL-Certificate, so the 2 free options must be something relatively new.

From what I can see, the Let's Encrypt SSL version is probably what you need, as it states "Recommended for simple websites, WordPress blogs, and other non-critical public content." The other free one is for "intranets" which is usually on a company's server for internal use, not for general access on the web.

I don't see any need for you to get the paid-for version for your site.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I don't think you'll necessarily see a change from your perspective. A SSL license just makes things easier for some folks who will be visiting your site, and now that some entities are insisting on it, folks won't run into problems accessing your site. I've had issues from time to time, where my browser will tell me a site isn't secure (or some such notice), simply because they're SSL license isn't up-to-date.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hmmmm, I would think it would be at least a yearly thing. Their support's usually pretty good, so contact them and ask them why it's only good until November. I would think it would be renewable on a yearly basis, but maybe they do it quarterly, every 3 months depending on when you set it in motion.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
SSL certificates generated by Let's Encrypt are valid for 90 days and then renew automatically. So a certificate issued in August would expire in November. You will get an email each time the certificate is renewed You can just read and archive or delete the email because the certificate information is also available on the DreamHost Certificate Panel Page.

Although my issued certificates have been good for 90 days (the email states when it expires), a new one has been issued in as few as 60 days up to 90 days. Since the certificate is renewed automatically and DreamHost handles installing the new certificate, it's nothing to stress about.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
If you have more questions about Let's Encrypt for DreamHost sites, Let's Encrypt SSL certificate overview may answer some of those questions.

If you click the General link at the top of that page, you can find more information, including why you want to have an SSL certificate. As of February 2018, Google flags any site without an SSL certificate as insecure. Other browsers may have already or may begin to do the same thing. If your site is flagged as insecure, people (like me) will likely avoid the site.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Thanks Satira. I didn't know you were with Dreamhost as well. I'm definitely going to check out that Overview link. I know SSL Certificates are more in use than they were years ago, but those 2 free options must be fairly new, as I didn't even know they exist.

It's possible they were mentioned in one of the monthly Dreamhost "what's new" emails, and I missed it.