The Poser Content Directory is Finally Here!

Discussion in 'The Meadow' started by eclark1894, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Ohhhh, back then I was with a different web host I was growing disgusted with, and a friend who knew I was looking for a new web host, told me Dreamhost was having a huge sale, and I went and signed up, and got rid of the other web host.

I've been very happy with them the past 13 years.

2. Bonnie2001

Bonnie2001 Extraordinary

Me too. I would definitely not buy anything from a site that was flagged as I would assume my purchase info might be at risk.

3. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

Well, as you know, that's highly unlikely at my site as it's a directory. You don't do anything but click on links. Still, I'm having a bit of bother with it still.

4. Bonnie2001

Bonnie2001 Extraordinary

Yes I knew that Earl. It's the sites selling stuff and throwing up invalid cert warnings I do be wary of. Up to now I didn't know what the warnings really meant but they scared me off. Now I know it's just a matter of the site owner enabling a setting to fix it.

5. Satira Capriccio

Satira Capriccio Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

I'm leery even of sites that don't sell anything. Too easy for any site to be infected, even more so if they run ads.

6. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

Over 400 Poser vendors listed... and counting!

Nod likes this.
  7. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

For the record, I have just deleted the Poserworld link in the ONLINE STORES section of the directory. However, Allen Harkleroad still has several links as an individual vendor so I have to find out just how this affects him since I believe he still plans to make models, just not for Poserworld. Those individual links though still link to him through the store site, and I can no longer reach it.

8. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

I'm not sure Earl, but I thought Poserworld was still going to exist, just not for us 3D hobbyists. I think he's turning the store into something for professional 3D artists, like for those who work on professional 3D movies.

Whether or not you should leave him, personally, in your directory, wouldn't be necessary, because we wouldn't be able to purchase any of his items. I got the impression his work from now on would only be by request of professional studios. I could be wrong, but if I'm remembering this correctly, then having him listed in your directory doesn't do any of us any good.

Just my 2ยข worth.