• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Poser Content Directory is Finally Here!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
OK Earl, I just took a quick look, and I can see the Become a Patron button. I can also see the $1 and $5 tier buttons, as well as descriptions of the 2 tiers. I also see where it will list how many patrons the Directory will have, as well as how much support you'll be getting per month.

I clicked on the Posts link, and it tells me no posts have been made, but there's a link to Filter by tier you're signed up for. I don't see any link for updating/editing a post, but that may be because you haven't posted anything, OR, that may be only available to you as the Poster.

Me195

Extraordinary
DirectoryPatreon.jpg

DirectoryPatreonPost.jpg

First image is what I see when I load the page, and the second image is what I see when I click the posts tab.

eclark1894

Visionary
I'm not much of a social media person, so knowing what to post isn't my specialty. But I will be adding and subtracting things and vendors from the directory as I go along. That I can post about.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm not sure folks will expect you to post about anything else, unless it's about a goodie you've modeled, and are making available to your top tier supporters. You can also include a "tip", or two, if you come across something you think folks will benefit from knowing.

eclark1894

Visionary
Well, The tips and Tricks of Poser Will be under The $5 tier. If I get enough of them, I might even write a book.

Think I'll be posting the Patreon page tomorrow.

eclark1894

Visionary
Everything is showing up as it should on the Patreon Page. I have added it to my signature everywhere I could. Renderosity only seems to allow one signature.

Last year, I asked about other directories. Here's one for Studio that I'm working on.
upload_2019-3-24_12-15-3.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Something I just thought of that I will be trying out soon is adding a search bar to the directory. What will you be able to search for? I'm hoping like crazy I can figure out how to search for vendors. I'm creating a database of all vendors I know of or have listed. Yeah, it's going to be a lot of work. Do you think it's a good idea, though? Provided I can make it work?

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
People shift from website to website. Biggest problem is all the aliases that some of them have gone by. While some have gone long term in one place or another, most aren't anywhere permanently.

eclark1894

Visionary
People shift from website to website. Biggest problem is all the aliases that some of them have gone by. While some have gone long term in one place or another, most aren't anywhere permanently.
Well, the ultimate idea, provided I can make it work, is to have a database with the names of all the current vendors on the site, and let people search for their vendor's name. If it works properly, you'll get the vendor's name and a link to their store.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
ability to search is always a good thing.

I noticed the link the to Faery_Light's store under Poser Animal Content doesn't work should be Faery_Light's Store on Renderosity
All my texture add-ons work in Poser but I'm not on your list (I have asked before but didn't worry so much because most of mine are colabs with FL) I don't have much at Rendo until the HW store merges but I do have 3 things Rae_Designs's Store on Renderosity

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
Hey, Rae134, just saw yours on Renderosity and followed you. You are showing up properly. (I already have the kitty ponies, and I think they're adorable, so I knew who it was.)

eclark1894

Visionary
ability to search is always a good thing.

I noticed the link the to Faery_Light's store under Poser Animal Content doesn't work should be Faery_Light's Store on Renderosity
All my texture add-ons work in Poser but I'm not on your list (I have asked before but didn't worry so much because most of mine are colabs with FL) I don't have much at Rendo until the HW store merges but I do have 3 things Rae_Designs's Store on Renderosity
I just started yesterday, so I'll get it working properly.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Hey, Rae134, just saw yours on Renderosity and followed you. You are showing up properly. (I already have the kitty ponies, and I think they're adorable, so I knew who it was.)
Thanks Rowan, I meant I wasn't in Earls directory at all :D (I tried FL's link which wasn't working at the time because we colab on a lot of products, just none that are currently on Rendo, but that will change with the HW store moves over) :)

eclark1894

Visionary
If anyone is wondering if or when I'm going to change the links in the Poser Directory, I'm working on it, but there are a LOT of links to change. I'm also creating a Vendor list database to search and so if your link hasn't been changed yet, I will be getting to it soon.

eclark1894

Visionary
I'm still working on a searchable database of vendors for the Directory. And even though this is STILL the Poser Content Directory, I've decided to finally add the Genesis vendors to the Directory. Why, you may ask? Well, a number of people use both Studio and Poser, and a number of vendors create for both Studio and Poser as well. And a number of Vendors have stores at more than one online brokerage, so, assuming I get this right, when the database is searched for a vendor's name, you should get feedback as to where ever they sell their creations.... I hope.

Klaus Sauer

Admirable
I like the idea of your work and I can imagine how many time and work you've invested in this directory. Because of the closing of HiveWire you need to update a lot of entries in your Database. Can I suggest a very little request. Maybe you can put in brackets after the respective vendors name if the vendor only offers Poser or also DAZ products, something like this (P/D) P stands for Poser D for Daz. But it's just a suggestion.