• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Poser Content Directory is Finally Here!

eclark1894

Visionary
I like the idea of your work and I can imagine how many time and work you've invested in this directory. Because of the closing of HiveWire you need to update a lot of entries in your Database. Can I suggest a very little request. Maybe you can put in brackets after the respective vendors name if the vendor only offers Poser or also DAZ products, something like this (P/D) P stands for Poser D for Daz. But it's just a suggestion.
Honestly, the way the brokerages like Daz and Rendo have set up their vendor stores, it won't matter. You'll have to search a bit through what they have unless it's all one or the other. With Static props you can just probably convert it anyway.

eclark1894

Visionary
While creating the database for the search engine, I discovered something that I did not know. Some of the vendors at Renderosity are also vendors at DAZ. I think Sixus 1 is a vendor at DAZ, Rendo and CGBytes. I'll have to check that though. :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
They have completely different types of products in their stores, so I would think not.

eclark1894

Visionary
It had been my honest intention to start changing the links in the directory this week, but through fortunate happenstance, I inadvertently became sidetracked while making a searchable database of vendors names. So far I've got the names of vendors at the Big Three brokerages, Renderosity, DAZ, and CGBytes. I'm not quite sure what to do or how to handle Renderotica or Synful Mindz yet as they both offer adult content, but some of the regular vendors also have stores there. I've tried to handle this in the past by marking the stores with an adult tag in red. I suppose I could do the same for the individual vendors for that store. Wee'll see...

eclark1894

Visionary
Another quick question for you all, if you please... Should a search bar be on everypage of the Directory, or only on the index page, (the first one you see). I'm inclined to ONLY put it on the index page because, hopefully, the search results will present you with a link that will take you to the correct page. HOPEFULLY. Assuming I can even get it to work.

eclark1894

Visionary
Thought I would give you all an update. So far, I've received little or no correspondnce from vendors telling me where their moving their stores to. For the moment that's unimportant as the links to the Hivewire store still work. Others have already moved their stores to renderosity, DAZ or CG Bytes, and I DO have some of those vendors listed. I will be making changes as quick as I can, but I can only do it at the moment category by category. That means some changes to where the links will be taking you. In the past, they may have taken you to either Poser specific content, or to a vendor's store. Now they will ONLY take you to a vendor's store. So far, I've only managed to change the links in the categories Through Clothing. I'm still working on things though.