• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Stay Home - Spread Hope Render Challenge

Cie

Inspired
Practicing Social Distancing. Used Lisa's pansy, black-eyed susan, potted palm. Tried and tried to put in this post and the file was always too large even though well below the dimensions. :( sorry

Edited by Alisa to make it bigger :)
crossingsm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Wizzard

Brilliant
Well composed Shawry, good lighting and diffuse shadows. out of curiousity, is Whisper posing on the plynth or playing statue? if statue perchance applying a marble texture. Studio's pretty good just "apply to whole". instant statue. 8 )
Cheers, and please continue making wonderous art.

FrahHawk

Inspired
I'm a fan of Star Trek and really like the promises it once held out for the future. Now with this new normal, what would Star Trek characters be wearing on an ordinary day?

Utopia
Vintage Bicycle
Flower Fountain
Fantasy Gazebo
V4 with my heavy female warrior morphs
Courageous outfit with Star Trek texture.

Rendered with SuperFly and in Terradome 2 outfit. Still, not all up to speed with the SuperFly mat or rendering but I'm trying. '-)

StarTrekPark3.jpg

DanaTA

Distinguished
Curiosly, tonight Diane and I watched an episode of Deep Space 9, titled Babel. A virus spread really fast, caused aphasia (people's speech became confused, speaking gibberish), the station was put on quarantine until they could find a vaccine. It was eerily much like our current pandemic situation.

Dana

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I vaguely remember that episode. I haven't watched any of the Star Trek shows in years.

BronzeDragon

Motivated
Title: It's Fairy Time

Spread the Hope free items used:

Lisa's Botanicals - Bell Flower
Lisa's Botanicals - Tulips
Lisa's Botanicals - Asiatic Lily
Rowan54 - Subtle Shade Skies

Other items used:

Daz3D - Genesis 8 Female
GM Alice 8 and textures for Genesis 8 Female
Daz Originals / Tofusan - Short Pigtails for Genesis 8 Female and G3F
DeviousDolls - FeiFae Fairykini for Genesis 8 Female

Rendered in IRAY (DAZ3D Studio 4.12)

Post work

ON1 Effects 2019
Filter Forge 5
Paint Shop Pro x6

ItsFairyTime.jpg

Attachments

• ItsFairyTime.jpg
    ItsFairyTime.jpg
    917.1 KB · Views: 211

L'Adair

Enthusiast
I really thought I wouldn't have time for another entry, with other commitments. However, I was able to create one more:

The Inn of the Prancing Unicorn

The Inn of the Prancing Unicorn.jpg

Qualifying products:

HiveWire Whisper
HiveWire House Cat
Black-Eyed Susan
Tulips

(I had previously done all the work for the shield, then went another direction. I'm really glad I came back to the shield.)

Shawry

New-Bee
Well composed Shawry, good lighting and diffuse shadows. out of curiousity, is Whisper posing on the plynth or playing statue? if statue perchance applying a marble texture. Studio's pretty good just "apply to whole". instant statue. 8 )
Cheers, and please continue making wonderous art.
Thanks for the tip Wizard,

This is what I like about the community, there's always some good tips to learn from the community. Well shared :)

Shawry

Heitaikai

Inspired
We stay home

WeStayHome.jpg

Qualifying items used:

SBRM Parrot Play Pen (Ken Gilliland)

Vintage Bicycle (Anima Gemini)

Pansy, Daylily, Tulips, Black-Eyed Susan (Lisa’s Botanicals)

Other HW items:

SBRM Parrots of the World (Ken Gilliland)

Sunflowers, Cottage Plants (Lisa's Botanicals)

Sweetheart Textures for Lisa's Botanicals Tulips (NapalmArsenal )

Nurse Cat (Janet)

DanaTA

Distinguished
I vaguely remember that episode. I haven't watched any of the Star Trek shows in years.

I have the boxed DVD sets...right up to Enterprise. I've missed the new shows, though...they're on CBS All Access. Haven't had money for extra pay services like that in a while.

Dana

FrahHawk

Inspired
Curiosly, tonight Diane and I watched an episode of Deep Space 9, titled Babel. A virus spread really fast, caused aphasia (people's speech became confused, speaking gibberish), the station was put on quarantine until they could find a vaccine. It was eerily much like our current pandemic situation.

Dana
I remember that episode and yes it's eerie how this matches our current situation. SMH.

FrahHawk

Inspired
Yeah, about that, I am so misfortunate that of all the times I would have loved to sit and create ALL DAY LONG, I have no computer able to do the task. My render computer died before the first of the year.....sometime last April, actually, when it started to thumb its nose at me and just reboot on its own mid renders/set-ups, I HAVE BEEN DEAD IN THE CREATIVE WATERS EVER SINCE FROM UNWILLINGNESS TO INVEST IN YET ANOTHER TOO EXPENSIVE COMPUTER, (sorry not shouting damn cap lock key). Really frustrating.
Me, too. Like you my computer gave me fits. It turns out that dust was the killer and with me, no way to get it out, it was a goner. Last fall I invested in a new one and promised myself it will be the last one. Ha! We'll see.