• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Stay Home - Spread Hope Render Challenge

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Fantastic images guys!! Wonderful colors and great experiments thinking out of the box!
Not an Entry!

Tigerlily
Tigerlily SML.jpg

Created With: Lisa's Botnaicals Asian Lilies, Jungle Heat for Lisa's Botnaicals Asian Lilies, Marnie by Mousso for Genesis 8, Meillyn Outfit Wings by Arki, Willow Creek, Circe Outfit for Genesis 3, Cafe Curls for Genesis 8, Sveva's Color Splash Lights for Iray. Ron's Glitter

DanaTA

Distinguished
Many fantastic renders here.
In this forum, I'm a newbie. I could not refrain from entering, however, given the great number of wonderful freebies given away.
I tend to show my works elsewhere, I must confess. But this one is a first here at Hivewire.
Freebies from the 'stay home spread hope challenge' used:
  • Diva for Dawn
  • Lisa's botanicals potted palm
  • Hivewire house cat (twice)
  • Cat double bed
  • Flower Fountain and bird bath
Other items are mostly freebies from other providers. The painting on the wall is an original pastel drawing by me (though the height/width ratio was accidentally changed in the 3d model) and the object on the table was also made by me.
I textured several items with procedural textures in Bryce Pro 7.1, that I also used for rendering. I used the sun, an IBL from the sky, some lights in the lamp and the fountain and a fill light in the room.
Title: Safe at home.
View attachment 60725

This is a great scene. Tells a story. All elements are well done! That train reminds me of the short trip on the train at Clark's Trading Post in Lincoln, NH! Similar passenger car, too.

Dana

I just love the idea of offering free stuff to get our creative juices flowing. I used Molar Island, the Fantasy Gazebo, and the Bellflowers to create the following island in the sky. I love the idea of floating islands, so this was a great chance to make some of my own...with the perfect models as well! Thanks!

--MW
11allaspects.jpg

06patience.jpg

skyland.jpg

07vulture.jpg

Mustakettu85

Motivated
Hi everyone,
I have a question.
I'm not planning to enter the challenge so as to compete, but I would like to follow the rules of the "game" and share an image, just as a Not-an-Entry. But I'm working a lot as usual, and these days _all_ of it is done via the computer, which means that I try to spend my free time doing other things. So there is a chance that I may not manage to get my image finished on time. Could I still share it here after the challenge is over, then?

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
This is not an entry in this contest, I just wanted to join everyone in this fun Challenge. What wonderful work you have all done! The judges are going to have a difficult time picking winners.

I enjoyed using Ken's SBRM Parrot Play Pen offered free for the Stay Home - Spread Hope Challenge. It fits perfectly in The Aviary that Ken did.

The items below, preceeded by an asterisk, are from the items offered for this Challenge

Credits:

SBRM Parrots Vol 1 - Parrots of the World (Plum-headed Parakeet, Thick-billed Parrot, Red and Blue Lory) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire3D
The Aviary by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire3D
*SBRM Parrot Play Pen by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire3D

*Diva by Pendraia Fae at HiveWire3D
Dawn Special Edition by Christopher Creek Art, CG Cubed, Lisa's Botanicals & Virtual World at HiveWire 3D Creations
Diva Clothes by Traci Ryan (Glitterati3D) at Fantasy Realms
Floral Vintage by Medeina and Romawka at Renderosity
Biscuits Bibi Hair by Biscuits at Renderosity
*Friends and Family - Big Sister by HaiGan at HiveWire3D
Baby Luna by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed, Lisa Botanicals & Virtual World at HiveWire3D
FairyLu by Leilana at Renderosity
Skirt and Shirt by Kerstin Weihe (karanta) at Renderosity
Longsleeve by Karth at HiveWire3D
Preschool by Anniemation at HiveWire3D
Baby Thin Hair by elleque at Renderosity Free Stuff

*Potted Palm by Lisa's Botanicals at HiveWire3D

Trail Stock by Beil's Art Studio at 3D COMMUNE

Visiting The Aviary
The Aviary.jpg

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Hi everyone,
I have a question.
I'm not planning to enter the challenge so as to compete, but I would like to follow the rules of the "game" and share an image, just as a Not-an-Entry. But I'm working a lot as usual, and these days _all_ of it is done via the computer, which means that I try to spend my free time doing other things. So there is a chance that I may not manage to get my image finished on time. Could I still share it here after the challenge is over, then?

Instead of locking the thread on June 1st, we will leave it open noting that all entries after May 31st do not count toward and entry.

Enjoy creating!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
OK, this was fun. This is Tommy Toon in Poser, I found some props I kinda liked so I made a little composition. Rendered it out and added some extras in Photoshop. I rather like it. FUN! It's like a Mystic Tommy! LOL OH, and NOT an entry. I didn't use any of the free content!

Fantasy Tommy.jpg

Last edited:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Did another Diva (not sure why she has creases in her armpits) piece of artwork... This time using a dress that Pendraia recommended... I added a little dforce to the dress to make some folds and created my own fabric with the sunflowers. ENJOY!
"Diva"
I'm not sure why you would have gotten creases. Is it a Diva specific pose? If not it might just be that the arms need adjusting slightly. I always found with the expressions that 50% dialed in worked better than 100%.

Finally got mine done! Decided I wanted to make a a coloring book design.

"Flower Cats"

Freebie Items used:

Hivewire House cat
Fallen Tree
Greens for Fallen Tree
Bell Flower
Pansy
Asiatic Lily
Black-eyed Susan
Tulips
Daylily

Other items used:

Black, White and Tuxedos for HW House Cat
Orange Tabby for the HW House Cat

Software:
DAZ Studio
Photoshop

View attachment 60634
Love this! Could you let me know what filter you used to get this? thanks!

Wildlyfe

Inspired
Love this! Could you let me know what filter you used to get this? thanks!

Nothing special, actually. I used the Photoshop CS3 Poster Edges filter several times, and played around with saturation, hue, brightness and contrast, exposure, and various layer modes like soft light. I used the paint brush to soften out the darker areas that still remained, and added outlines in places where it had been faded out or was missing.

Just a silly little image showing the trials of gardening in a small terraced house when surrounded by cats.
The Hivewire cat is rolling in the window box while having his chin scratched by BlackHearted's GND2. In doing so he's flattened at least two HW tulips. The next boxes have HW Day Lily's and more Tulips. In the gravel on the ground in the corner is some self-sown HW Black Eyed Susan along with a Hydrangea from Rendo. The Millenium Cat LE is about to whack a Dragonfly resting on Glamorous Vickie's knee, and consequently Vickie's tea is shortly to go flying. Both figures are Victoria 3 based, as I wanted to try them in DS4.11 and iRay. I got them in 2004/5 for Poser4 initially, then DS 0.7 and after that took a 12 year break from playing with 3D figure software until 2019.

Victoria Terrace 03 R02.jpg

Anyway, thanks for the HW freebies, it has been great fun creating this image, even though my cats didn't stay still long enough to model for either cat pose.

Regards,

Richard.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Loving all of these!

Welcome to all of the new-bees at HiveWire!
:bounce:

Michele

Eager
Not an entry (only used the Mother and Child Poses by Pommerlis)

Water Baby

Water_Baby_1200x1200.jpg

Dawn, Luna, the cute little Chug, and some shells and seagulls. I recently bought a set of iray lights by Fabiana and am still playing around with its features. Not sure why the clouds engulfed some of my birds but eventually I'll figure it out. :unsure:

I'm glad we can keep posting. I just didn't have time to do as many renders as I'd hoped -- and looks like folks are still having a lot of fun with it.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Not an entry (only used the Mother and Child Poses by Pommerlis)

Water Baby

View attachment 60826

Dawn, Luna, the cute little Chug, and some shells and seagulls. I recently bought a set of iray lights by Fabiana and am still playing around with its features. Not sure why the clouds engulfed some of my birds but eventually I'll figure it out. :unsure:

I'm glad we can keep posting. I just didn't have time to do as many renders as I'd hoped -- and looks like folks are still having a lot of fun with it.

Wonderful image! I do know why your seagulls are dong that- I love that set! (Heck I love all Fabi's light sets:) Basically some of your seagulls are "behind" the cloud plane- that's what's making them that way.