• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Stay Home - Spread Hope Render Challenge

Shanarah

Admirable
Instead of locking the thread on June 1st, we will leave it open noting that all entries after May 31st do not count toward and entry.

Enjoy creating!
Thank you for keeping the thread open after the contest! I've been enjoying seeing everything everyone creates and I have some more ideas that I likely won't get finished before the first, but would love to share!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Nothing special, actually. I used the Photoshop CS3 Poster Edges filter several times, and played around with saturation, hue, brightness and contrast, exposure, and various layer modes like soft light. I used the paint brush to soften out the darker areas that still remained, and added outlines in places where it had been faded out or was missing.
Thank you I have CS3 so I will give it a try.
Love this render Michelle. What product did you use for the water at the front please?

Michele

Eager
Wonderful image! I do know why your seagulls are dong that- I love that set! (Heck I love all Fabi's light sets:) Basically some of your seagulls are "behind" the cloud plane- that's what's making them that way.

Ahh, that's it then! Afterwards I got to thinking the clouds were props and not a texture but didn't go back to check, as it was already after 2AM. It is a nice set. I'm too new to using iray to understand most of the utilities it comes with, but I'll get around to figuring it all out.

I don't mind the look of the birds, exactly, but I think they're too low to be encountering cloud cover? Fog or haze would work though. I'll call it that. :)

The water is from the same Fabiana light set -- Theory of Light – The Heavens

Again, I haven't looked too closely at the props -- backdrop, clouds, rainbow, ground -- but she says in the readme that the ground prop is different from past ones. I'm assuming built up for volume. The readme file also says to raise the ground if you're using the water materials, to simulate depth.

jessicasart

Inspired
Here's my entry :) I named it a hint of color. My inspiration was that gentle reminder inside that promises a brighter future. Products used:
HiveWire House Cat
Vintage Bicycle
Fallen Tree
Greens for Fallen Tree

ggg.png

cinadisilver

Admirable
I have one more to turn in latter. I was glad to hear we can still post after the deadline for the contest. This has been really fun. Thank you to all the artists for their models.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
@jessicasart I love your spirit !! =) Hopefully we might be headed towards the light at the end of the tunnel soon!! =) Gorgeous render and love the color accents!

This is a little something I've had in the works for a few months for Lisa's Fairy Flower II ............ not sure if I will have time to finish the whole lot of them, but might try smaller sets will have to see about time constraints. Sort of have the Daz Iray version where I want them, but ........ still have to do the Poser conversion and 3DL.

Flower Whisperer
Flower Whisperer SML .jpg

Created With: Whisper for the HiveWire Horse, CWRW's Ultra Textures for the HiveWire Horse Pack1, (I used the Belgian coat texture here), HiveWire Unicorn Horn, Custom Iray Shaders, Lisa's botanicals Fairy Flower II, new texture set, Lisa's Botanicals Bell Flower, Berry Blast for Lisa's Botanicals Bell Flower, Lisa's Botanicals Black Eyed-Susans, Curious Grasses and vines, Signs of Spring Crocus, Saffron for Signs of Spring Crocus, Grass Clumps by Traveler from RDNA, Ultimate Butterfly Scatter

jessicasart

Inspired
@jessicasart I love your spirit !! =) Hopefully we might be headed towards the light at the end of the tunnel soon!! =) Gorgeous render and love the color accents!

This is a little something I've had in the works for a few months for Lisa's Fairy Flower II ............ not sure if I will have time to finish the whole lot of them, but might try smaller sets will have to see about time constraints. Sort of have the Daz Iray version where I want them, but ........ still have to do the Poser conversion and 3DL.

Flower Whisperer
View attachment 60849
Created With: Whisper for the HiveWire Horse, CWRW's Ultra Textures for the HiveWire Horse Pack1, (I used the Belgian coat texture here), HiveWire Unicorn Horn, Custom Iray Shaders, Lisa's botanicals Fairy Flower II, new texture set, Lisa's Botanicals Bell Flower, Berry Blast for Lisa's Botanicals Bell Flower, Lisa's Botanicals Black Eyed-Susans, Curious Grasses and vines, Signs of Spring Crocus, Saffron for Signs of Spring Crocus, Grass Clumps by Traveler from RDNA, Ultimate Butterfly Scatter
Thank you so much! :) I love your artwork, it brings a smile to my face. Thank you for all the nice comments too, this is a really positive community with some incredible art!

Rieke

Admirable
Hello everyone,

first I would like to say a big THANK YOU to the HiveWire Team for these fantastic freebies.
There are so many wonderful images here and I want to try it too.
I love flowers and so I have made my image with Lisa's awesome Daylilys and Asiatic Lilys. The colours are so great.
HiveWire´s cute House Cat and the beautiful Fantasy Gazebo are also in my entry.
I wish all participants good luck.

My entry - Lily Garden:

Lily Garden.jpg

JackyBrown

New-Bee
HiveWire3D Stay Home - Spread Hope Render Challenge

MADE WITH: (Alphabetic order)
Acryle Script by Måns Grebäck
Beach Towel by Ildanach
Billy Argel Font by Billy Argel
Dandelion Flower Set by Erock3D
DAZ Studio Iray HDR Outdoor Environments by DimensionTheory
Dog Toys, Set 1 by Perpetual Revision
Free Iray Outdoor Lights by Dreamlight
Garden Arches Vol 2 by David Brinnen, ForbiddenWhispers
HiveWire House Cat by Chris Creek
HW House Cat LAMH Preset 1 by CWRW
Iray car related shader presets 'megapack' by Tom2099
Lawn texture set (8k) freebie by TestRender
Morphing Garden Style Stone by Mapps Graphics
Small Grass Flower by Erock3D
Tulips by Lisa's Botanicals
Vintage Bicycle by AnimaGemini

Vintage-Look Photoshop Effects Pack by Michael Jarrot

HW3D_StayHome-SpreadHope_jb01.jpg

Rendered with DAZ Studio 4.10.0.123 (nVidia Iray)
Other (free) software used: GIMP v2.10.18 and Irfanview 4.54

Thank you very much HiveWire3D for the beautiful freebies!

Aachan

New-Bee
Thank you for a very wonderful present.
I enjoyed it by them.
Actually I was going to use of LAMH pre-seting.
However, I used ”Oso Fur Shaders for Iray” because a PC crashed frequently :_(
A warm day.png

HiveWire House Cat
Silly Cat Things for the HiveWire House Cat
Molar Island
Black-Eyed Susan

With Baby Luna , SBRM Parrots Vol 1 – Parrots of the World
Oso Fur Shaders for Iray