• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Sparky's items for HiveWire Dog

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
I just had to have a play :)
FernDog.jpg

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
@Sparky Glad you like, I will try and pick up the others over the next few weeks if I can though I am hanging out for the Jack Russell and the Greyhound :)

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Sparky gotta have Roman Mastiff (war dawg and if you can add armor happy me!), rotweiller, Pitbull and boxer and if you can figure out how to make a credabIe Irish Wolfhound too for those castle interior moments or to fight that bear....happier me!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Well I know HW have done morphs (waiting on rigging and textures) for a Boxer and also a Great Dane, English Bulldog, Whippet, Wolf, German Shepherd, Corgi, Chihuahua and Dachshund (list taken from the HW Big Dog page), and I know Sparky has limited time available so I think she'd work on something not already planned. Since she's worked on a Greyhound, a Wolfhound wouldn't be too far of a stretch? A big heavy Mastiff would be cool too.

My hubby loves Pugs and we were at one of the big city shows and were walking past the dog rings and I saw a beautiful Bull Mastiff and I told him if he brings a pug home it has to be a giant one like that LOL :D

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
A problem with a lot of breeds is that they really *need* the fur to be convincing models of that breed.

Over on Freedom of Art, Summoner has a West Highland White terrier, which he called Terry. The fur is modeled, and westies are shaggy dogs. It probably wouldn't make a particularly bad statue of a dog, if given a stone, metal, or wood shader. But you otherwise couldn't use it in anything but a flat-out 'Toon render, and it isn't really a 'Toon figure.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Oooh pretty, Dreamer! ^.^

@Ivory Elephant, I'm still working on the Bear, Jack Russell, and Greyhound. I will also try to finish a cairn terrier and deer head chihuahua before the weekend.
Say Sparky I have been begging for years for a realistic looking bear skin rug for grizley and polar. Any way I can beg you to also offer an add-on to the bear character you are planning. If you don't ask you NEVER GETIT AND I HAVEN'T GOTTEN IT DESPITE YEARS OF ASKING....JUST SAYING! :)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Chris was intending to do a small dog base which his Chihuahua was to be a morph of, but I don't think it's going to be showing up any time soon.

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
A problem with a lot of breeds is that they really *need* the fur to be convincing models of that breed.

Over on Freedom of Art, Summoner has a West Highland White terrier, which he called Terry. The fur is modeled, and westies are shaggy dogs. It probably wouldn't make a particularly bad statue of a dog, if given a stone, metal, or wood shader. But you otherwise couldn't use it in anything but a flat-out 'Toon render, and it isn't really a 'Toon figure.

Looked up Terry, and it's very cute, but it does have a very painterly aesthetic, it's not just the lack of strand fur. If my cairn terrier doesn't look good, I'll pivot to a different breed, but I think it will work, especially if enhanced with a little bit of brush out in the postwork, and it will include a fur bulk morph that can be dialed out for furring just like the other fluffy dogs. ^.^

Say Sparky I have been begging for years for a realistic looking bear skin rug for grizley and polar. Any way I can beg you to also offer an add-on to the bear character you are planning. If you don't ask you NEVER GETIT AND I HAVEN'T GOTTEN IT DESPITE YEARS OF ASKING....JUST SAYING! :)

Here's a quick little proof of concept:
BearRug.jpg

I think it could work. But the bear itself isn't where I want it yet, so I will revisit this once the textures and morph are finished. ^.^

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
A Cairn Terrier! How cool is that! I have always wanted one but the only time I saw one in person was at a pet supply store with a bad reputation as selling puppy mill puppies. Between that and the $1100 price tag I didn't get it. That and I get along with bigger dogs better - less yappy.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Nice work but I'll wait for the British bulldog morph to appear before purchasing, hopefully the AU$ will be better by then :inverted: :cool: