• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Sparky's items for HiveWire Dog

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
not a dog owner and i don't want to appear overly stupidly critical dear but don't the toes look a bit long? less like dog and more humanoid and isn't the tail rooted too low on the rump too?

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Dogs normally have 2 distinct shape feet (not including webbed or polydactyl) and some are half-way between.

Cat-feet (no the claws don't retract like a cat but are called this because they resemble a cats paw) With short third digital bones, these paws help increase a dog's endurance because they require less energy to lift off the ground. They also give dogs a good grip and help prevent injuries when they walk on rough terrains. Therefore, often found in working dogs that are bred to have good endurance in the field. Depending on the breed, cat feet may be a highly desirable trait or a major fault.
Some example of dogs with Cat-feet are: Doberman, Akita, Newfoundland (which are also webbed), Bull Terriers

Hare-feet which have noticeably longer middle toes, enable faster running and can be found on breeds such as Greyhound, Samoyed, Bedlington Terrier, Sheltie, Pointers.

Some samples of those that are half-way are Saluki and Pharaoh Hounds.

1589159730662.png

Just read the JR standard and they are supposed to have rounded feet (cat-like)

Last edited:

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
Dogs can have quite long toes.

But, in any case, the above is still a WIP. It represents about 30 minutes' attention. The only morph work I've done is to the face and a bit to the proportions. The toes and tail are essentially still the default HWDog. The tail is also too long for a Jack Russell. ^.^

Last edited:

DanaTA

Distinguished
I thought the tail was a bit long, but I'm no expert. A friend has had Jack Russel terriers for quite a few years. Keep up the good work!

Dana

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Sorry for the crit Sparky. You know how highly I think of your work dear and glad you are still about! Been thinking lot about you for some odd reason! ;) I wasn't trying to start trouble it is just that with fur on the toes they look different and as i said never had a doggie so, despite having a foot fetish, dog feet up close is not my thing and thanks for the information quite enlightening. I thought all dog feet woud be the same like human's (more or less)!

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
Hey, not trying to rail against criticism, just letting you guys know it's not finalized. It's just a start. ^.^ Also that dogs can have long toes, though Rae was way more informative on that count, LOL. Thanks, Carmen!

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
That's good information, Rae! Thanks for posting it. I didn't actually know what the different kinds of paws were called. It's good to know.

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
The first 5 projects for the dog are live on my store now. That's the wolf, husky, beagle, chug, and elkhound.

I will admit that I have rushed these out the door so that they would see the light of day, and hopefully help prevent my imminent homelessness, so, do bear with me if I've missed any flaws. If I am able, I fully intend to make updates to them such as more/better mcms and jcms, poses, and stuff like that. Some of you have messaged me about preorder options, so think of these like that. ^.^

They are fully functional, don't get me wrong, but some of them don't have as many corrective morphs as I would like them to have. The beagle has the most mcms, because he was developed before, and I just had to update him. The Chug only has mcms for closing the eyes properly--because, you gotta be able to close the eyes LOL. Other expression morphs just need to be used in moderation, as with any shape morphs.

Last edited:

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
ahhhrrrrgggghhh I'd love to get the pack but with the exchange rate at the moment its nearly double and I don't have any money to start with :cry:

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Will be grabbing them as soon as I can, just have to deal with some annoying things first. Like food ;)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Got 'em. Have downloaded and will be installing. Really like the look of the Beagle, and I suspect the Chug is going to be very popular.

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
Thanks, guys! ^.^

I hope you enjoy them! The Chug is my own little fur baby, so it would be fun to see her in some renders! :cool:

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
Thanks, Flint Hawk!

The wolf currently only has the grey wolf texture. I do have a white texture partially finished, but I wasn't able to get it to look the way I wanted before I needed to push the products to the store. I will finish it and update the product if I have the means to do so next week.