• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Sparky's items for HiveWire Dog

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
My mother used to raise Pekinese before I was born. Now *there's* a breed that absolutely needs to have actual fur.

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
More work on the Greyhound. New texture, too.

GreyhoundWIP02.jpg

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Looked up Terry, and it's very cute, but it does have a very painterly aesthetic, it's not just the lack of strand fur. If my cairn terrier doesn't look good, I'll pivot to a different breed, but I think it will work, especially if enhanced with a little bit of brush out in the postwork, and it will include a fur bulk morph that can be dialed out for furring just like the other fluffy dogs. ^.^

Here's a quick little proof of concept:
View attachment 60114
I think it could work. But the bear itself isn't where I want it yet, so I will revisit this once the textures and morph are finished. ^.^
Love the rug dear. after years of waiting finally there is hope for thise old style pinup poses on a bear skin rug! I see this is still a WIP and some more work needs to be done to it but I can see the light on this first iteration. Thanks and look forward to getting it when done! BTW is this something that will be sold seperately or only available if I buy the bear? I have so many bears I hardly ever use another bear does not warm my cockles but if that is the only way to get this rug (is there going to be a polar bear version too....yes plase!...?....then so be it.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Hey Sparky, You may have noticed a couple of sales from me... (Wolf, of course, and the bundle) Any chance for a Chihuahua?

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Look up thread. She's mentioned the possibility of a deer head Chihuahua.

Oops, My bad. That post is in Sparky's own thread.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Regarding the bearskin rug; realistically, such a rug would not be an enclosed figure. They don't usually have an underside, just a backing. Perhaps one should sink it into the floor to flatten it further? Not sure a rug would need to be a rigged figure, so maybe just pushing everything from the neck down into the floor?

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
oh i agree but she did say it was an early WIP so I didn't say anything about it other than what I did say in appreciation for her thoughtful attempt in progress. :)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Yes. I've seen a couple of other flattened critter rugs at both Rendo and the DAZ site. Neither of the ones I've seen are quite flat enough, but it's a decent starting point.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Yes. I've seen a couple of other flattened critter rugs at both Rendo and the DAZ site. Neither of the ones I've seen are quite flat enough, but it's a decent starting point.
WHere exactly did you see these rugs? I Have NEVER seen any such rugs on either site so if there is any you know of please let me know!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Deepsea has a set on the DAZ site, and pamawo has one in her Barbarian set on Rendo. Neither of them offer an animal rug individually. But there are "rugs" in the set (admittedly, Deepsea's set is all rugs, but not just critter rugs).

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
thanks. the cat fur rugs are a bit too thivck and wrong in my opinion for both of the creators. also they are both D/S content creators and not for Poser.
But thanks for the leads. Nice to see what is out there. The darn search engines suck on both site. I searched on both typing as many different verbals cues as i could think of and nothing came back. Go figure.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Yeah, like I say, they aren't flat enough. I suppose one could go in with the geometry editor and remove the underside, but I'm not sure that there are enough controls to be able to move the body down and the head up enough to even out the place where it meets the floor.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
well, if i could do that i could just learn to make my own and stop this silly begging others to make stuff for me or spend money for stuff that is never really exactly what i need. what is really funny is i have made several rugs kit bashing stuff but for the life of me i never remember how i did the previous one and have to recreate every time. there is one in my gallery at deviantart if you are at all interested in seeing it to give some idea what i did. not great and needed a lot of post but i got it to work. now if i can just remember how i made it and try to save it off into the library for future use.....! <sigh> :(
LAYING ON A BEARSKIN RUG-2-sepNM by shantetoo on DeviantArt
because all of my stuff there is deemed "adult" you might have to register to see it but it is free.