• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Terre

Renowned
I hope they don't get hacked when the holes are no longer plugged by MS. They'll find out that it's much more costly than upgrading the OS.

Dana
They can't be hacked short of someone hacking one of the two companies that can access them online or bringing an infected USB up into the office and plugging it into one of the towers. We have a hardware firewall that only allows a few very specific sites through either in or out and only the company that handles the security can alter it's settings. No surfing the internet on either computer. Simply can't be done. Which I am extremely glad of. The problems I had back when they could be used that way got very annoying.
Once when we had only one server a tech had to come over from Lubbock, boot the computer in safe mode. run ESET and the Malwarebyts. THisa was on a Win 98 machine. I just clocked out and went home as I couldn't do anything that day.

skylab

Esteemed
Well, I've gotten an incredible amount of stuff done over the past two weeks of warm weather...it's been like spring here, and I wish it could stay like that year round, especially while I'm downsizing. However, the temps are slowly dropping, and are due to be in the teens overnight by Monday, so I'm taking a much needed break from the work, and will play a little now. The 50+ degree days are supposed to return by the end of next week, so it will make a nice little break to do smaller projects and some 3D until I'm able to jump back in full swing.

This shepherd reminded me of my racing companion back in my motorcycle riding days...Christy loved to run alongside and race me across the field and down through the woods on the motorbike trail. She was such an alert, loyal dog :)

CHRISTY SHEPHERED ver2.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
I need to play with the shaders some to get the fur right for Christy...after searching online, this was the closest I saw to her appearance. Her face markings were so perfectly symmetrical that she always looked like she was smiling. Obedient, well-behaved and even-tempered...but she did like to tease....so when we played ball, she'd always try keeping it from me a few times before she'd let me have it to throw....it was easy to tell when she was teasing as she'd peep to the side when she was doing it, as if to say "I have it and you can't get it".....and she loved playing long distance fetch...like throwing into the outfield of a softball game....the longer and higher the throw, the better she liked running after it....so she was great for softball practice.

shepherd-markings.jpg

Linda B

Extraordinary
Tali's got some GSD in her as Alaskan Huskies are the ultimate mutt. Her muzzle is shorter and thinner, and she doesn't have the sloping hindquarters. Sometimes she does the pose in that bottom photo. Her tail has a curl to it especially when she prances. Typical husky curly tail, just not quite as fluffy.

48428642_10212410043517939_1725351180994871296_o.jpg

Last edited:

skylab

Esteemed
Nice pic of Tali, Linda :)

And thanks Stezza, for the fence, for when our monsters would like to get into mischief :) Looks good!

:inverted:

Linda B

Extraordinary
Learning to convert hair from Studio .duf format to use in Poser! Probably did it all wrong, but that's why it's called LEARNING. :p

Terre

Renowned
Learning is good for you! Which is what I'll be doing tomorrow afternoon. Out KeHE rep and his boss will be here to set up an iPod for ordering from them. i'm starting to get used to the AFI ones so it won't be totally new. Just mostly so.

skylab

Esteemed
I'm trying to watch for new freebies when I check my email, so we don't miss anything :)

I used last night and early today for some hibernation. I'd gotten rather exhausted, but am feeling energetic again now, so I'm back at it briefly while the sun is out shining so pretty. But, soon as the sun drops out of sight, it gets so cold that I head for the blanket again. Hope all is well for everyone.

:shineon:

Linda B

Extraordinary
Hibernated yesterday. Since today's a bonus day off, I didn't want to waste it sleeping. :sun: Sunny here too but below freezing. Dog is loving the snow. She's outside sitting in it like it's a warm sunny day. Her butt has GOT to be feeling numb. We only let her outside for brief periods so she can't be too cold.