• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Terre

Renowned
Good evening. TOmorrow will be interesting. I have orientation for county Grand Jury. I've never had that before.

Linda B

Extraordinary
You'll do fine, Terre.

A Daughter's Love_sm.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Before my father passed with Alzheimer's, it seemed that time was in reverse for him. At the point that he no longer knew me, we'd still try to connect by taking him out to family restaurants. It was so sad, sitting across from him, and his thinking that I was a stranger, someone he didn't know, but across the aisle was a young family with a little baby girl with long dark hair...and seeing dad wave and smile at her, and attempt to play with her, I realized that he thought the child was me....so I saw in that moment a little snapshot of what he must have been like as a younger man, playing with us kids. When dad was younger, there wasn't anything that he could not do, or fix. It's tough to see our hero dad become weak. Fortunately God has a special grace for both them and us. Corrie ten Boom used to say that you don't get your ticket for the train ride until right before boarding. It's the same with grace...it comes at the precise moment we need it.

:angel:

Terre

Renowned
I did fine, yes. I see why the Assistant DA is there as an assistant to the jury. It's too easy for ordinary people to think of questions that they actually can't ask in this situation because they have no legal bearing on the case at hand. His job is to ask all of the questions of the witness/es he can think of and then make sure we only ask questions that are legal to be asked. He said sometimes one or more jurors ask good questions that he didn't think of. TOday a couple of people tried to ask questions that couldn't be asked. I understood why they asked but realized the answer would be a polite "None of your business' before he even told them those questions couldn't be asked of the witness. Orientation and that one case took just under 2 hours. If things continue this way it'll be the easiest jury duty I've had yet.

Linda B

Extraordinary
I've been called for jury duty but never got chosen. I used to work for an attorney so I think that makes me undesirable perhaps. But I WANT to serve at least once.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Before my father passed with Alzheimer's, it seemed that time was in reverse for him. At the point that he no longer knew me, we'd still try to connect by taking him out to family restaurants. It was so sad, sitting across from him, and his thinking that I was a stranger, someone he didn't know, but across the aisle was a young family with a little baby girl with long dark hair...and seeing dad wave and smile at her, and attempt to play with her, I realized that he thought the child was me....so I saw in that moment a little snapshot of what he must have been like as a younger man, playing with us kids. When dad was younger, there wasn't anything that he could not do, or fix. It's tough to see our hero dad become weak. Fortunately God has a special grace for both them and us. Corrie ten Boom used to say that you don't get your ticket for the train ride until right before boarding. It's the same with grace...it comes at the precise moment we need it.

:angel:

Best analogy I have ever heard for how human memory works is from a physiology class I took at uni. It's like an onion and most of your life you keep adding new layers. When dementia hits it starts at the outer layers and removes those first and keeps going. So sorry about your Dad.

skylab

Esteemed
Good description Janet...that's exactly what it's like. The person retreats slowly into the past, until they finally disappear. Dad had no recollection of current events or even his second marriage, and he spent his final days sadly "searching" for where mom, my brother and I had gone. My brother, not knowing what else to do, would say "they're out shopping, and they'll be back later". His rememberance of me was as a young child in the late 1950's, so he was looking for the child version of me. It's frustrating, since one can never bridge that gap in time, connect, and satisfy their searching and longing.

Linda, hope all is going well for your dad, and for you.

:shineon: