• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
I also take time to label the usb cord at the end so that I know what goes to what when plugging into the computer. Makes it easier, especially when pulling certain things from the old archive into the new. So I'll be making sure the tape is strong on my labels....a ga-zillion piddly little tasks that will help tremendously later.

I'm installing most everything that I intend to eventually use, and getting that downloading done now, since it can proceed while I'm doing other things.

:shineon:

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) Thought you all might like that old Selectric from the "good old days". I still miss the one I had. I worked the stuff right out of mine and never once had to be repaired. Certainly can't say that about computers :/

:bee:

DanaTA

Distinguished
I use those tabs you get on bread bags, English muffin packages, and even things like potatoes sometimes. It's plastic that just goes into the ground. But they're good for labeling computer wires. You can write on them with a Sharpie and hang it on the wire. No tape required. No gummy mess on the wires. And less plastic in the landfills.

Dana

Terre

Renowned
Good idea all around Dana. That's something to remember for the future. It won't work now because Red likes to chew on some plastics and that sort of thing would be irresistible to him.

Linda B

Extraordinary
Did you know the color of the bread tab or twistee means the day of the week the bread was baked? My dad used to work for Stroehman's Bakery way back (now owned by Bimbo Bakery *beembo*). Us kids used to get paid to paste sale stickers on the bread bags. They came in these big packets almost like a folder.

Linda B

Extraordinary
Received a reply from Predatron regarding the step van and iray:

Hi Linda,
Thanks for getting in touch.
Apologies for the late reply. Due to illness I've been out of action for several weeks and then Christmas/NewYear happened. But all back to normal now.

Yes I keep trying to update older products, especially those top sellers. However it's one of those things that I need to keep producing newer stuff to keep the income coming in.

The Step Van is one of those that is actually nearing completion in terms of converting the original materials to Iray and a fully compatible rig just for DAZ Studio. I was contemplating a new set of textures done in Substance Painter, but that's a time issue.

Thanks for your support though, it's much appreciated. Hopefully I can get some of those older sets sorted for the future.

Steve

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Linda :) That's good news about the Step Van, and that it's nearing completion. It's too good of a product to become outdated because of lack of iray mats.

:snoopydances:

Linda B

Extraordinary
Would have been ok except for that one square part with the transparency issue and those few odd spots. I just couldn't figure out how to fix it myself.

Terre

Renowned
A funny from me: typo on a sale tag : $2379.00 as the price for a lunch meat item. I cracked up because I have to correct the same mistake on my part several times a month. The 3 is right above the period on the number pad. Got it fixed and a new tag with the right price printed before any customer tried to buy one.
Did you know the color of the bread tab or twistee means the day of the week the bread was baked? My dad used to work for Stroehman's Bakery way back (now owned by Bimbo Bakery *beembo*). Us kids used to get paid to paste sale stickers on the bread bags. They came in these big packets almost like a folder.
Not until I had been working at the store for quite a while.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist

My Mom went to nursing college and she used to say there was something in the bread packaging that made the bread last longer. I think that was it. Never been able to find out if it's true or not.

Terre

Renowned
There is in many boxes as well. BHP? I don't remember at the moment. That's why you will see a lot of packages touting the fact that they don't have that stuff in them.

skylab

Esteemed
I got rid of all my old plastic containers and utensils a few years back, and I stopped all microwave cooking and returned to the old fashioned method of heating things in and on the stove. I think many of the health issues that we struggle with currently are due to our food preparation, fast food and restaurant cooking methods, chemical additives in food and containers, storage, and even home cooking methods. It's a little late for the baby boomer generation to reverse the effects, but it does explain widespread issues with cancer.

Here's an article that explains the effects of BPA, and how the current BPA-free plastic is possibly not so safe. Also, the second link shows the BPA number ratings printed on each plastic container now, indicating which are considered "safe" for use, and which are not.

Latest on "BPA-free" plastic

BPA numbers assigned by type (printed on every plastic item)

:coding:

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Ever used an instant pot? I started using one about 6 months ago and I've barely turned on my oven since.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yah the fires in AU are devastating. I saw earlier they are expecting over 1 million animals will die because of it.

Instant pots are sooooo cool. I saw a local woman was giving instant pot classes here once a week so I started going. Some people go to movies - I go to cooking classes! A lot more fun and you get to EAT! After one class I bought one and haven't stopped using it since. I've been going to classes a few times a month now for about 6 months and I'm getting pretty good with it. You can make eggs, soft boiled or mixed up with bacon pieces or whatever and cooked in a special thing. It does meat and vegetables great. I can cook a really good stew in about 20 minutes with one. Oh and brownies! They are gooey in the center and sooooo good. Molton lava brownies from a box mix.

If you get one get a "Duo". https://www.amazon.com/Instant-Pot-..._3?keywords=instant+pot&qid=1578275023&sr=8-3

skylab

Esteemed
Found Stezza's Facebook page (or DaveT)

Apparently this pic was taken yesterday, January 4, view of Currowan Fire from Albion Park. What appears as rain clouds apparently are the clouds of smoke from the fire.

australia-fire.png