• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
My high school typing teacher made it a requirement to get through her advanced class...you had to be able to type to music and keep up....and since she was black....I learned from her choice of songs :)

Yeah, I was going to keep going with colorizing the lemonade stand, but thought it looked kinda cool being more realistic. I think it was a freebie, or super sale item, at you know where back around Thanksgiving.

:coding:

Linda B

Extraordinary
I can't find any information regarding if CMS install takes up less HD space than DIM. So I asked on my ticket and also updated them that multi-man is working now but Bob still isn't. If CMS saves space, I'll uninstall everything I have left installed through DIM and reinstall in program with CMS. I seriously have way too much stuff! :p

skylab

Esteemed
I thought of that this morning when I saw on the news that things were not going so well there. I've been watching for signs that Stezza is okay, any new posts. His Carrara thread has not been active lately but that could just be due to the holidays.

:angel:

Linda B

Extraordinary
I miss having pet birds, but I don't miss the mess and the loud screams and screeches. Had a cockatiel, a blue ring-necked parakeet and a lovebird.

skylab

Esteemed
Had a co-worker years ago that had both also...and she dearly loved those birds, but she'd tell us how loud they were. And my co-worker who was the wild driver, and had the little white dog, also had a parakeet that talked like a radio...haha....we'd sit at her kitchen table and get to talking a mile a minute, and all of a sudden we'd realize that the bird was doing it too....we'd stop talking and listen, and that little thing would be wound up, talking away...haha. He was imitating us....haha.

:laugh:

Linda B

Extraordinary
Thinking of asking for an external HD for next birthday. That way it's not an "unnecessary" expense. ;)

None of mine talked but the cockatiel knew how to wolf whistle. He did it right as my friend bent over. Embarrassing!

Hmm, wondering how to simulate a spinning plane prop.

skylab

Esteemed
That's one thing I'm doing when I'm too tired to tackle anything else...making sure that my external drive archives are up to date, so that I don't lose scene files or content.

A wolf-whistling bird....haha.

:p

Linda B

Extraordinary
Not perfect on the prop "spinning" but close enough for me. Also, if you have any iray fog or smoke props, they make good clouds too. The spinning effect is actually an iray cosmic prop. However, when you turn any iray transparent prop any way except facing the camera, it will slightly show in the render. Easy enough to postwork out. it only showed in the white of the cloud.
Flight of the turkeys_sm.jpg