• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :)

Well, here's Hein with Doc in their own version of Rock 'n Roll :)

ROCK 'N ROLL ----- HEIN and DOC animation.gif

skylab

Esteemed
Cool :) I can remember mom trying to teach my brother how to dance to this type of music.

I've been scurrying around taking care of loose ends today. My car was in the shop for inspection, and after a fuel pump job, the day turned into the entire weekend, and I just got my car back this morning. I had to make myself check lists of things that had to be done when the car returned home, and I finally finished the last thing. I've always had trouble being able to harness my creative side to play nice with the practical stuff....so when dozens of things are on my mind, it ends up being difficult to dive into a big creative project. So maybe I can enjoy playing a little during New Years. :)

:angel:

skylab

Esteemed
When I was in high school we had a juke box in the cafeteria, and the distant tunes being played during early shift lunch could be heard through the open windows in nearby classes....so English class always had soul tunes playing in the background....so whenever I hear the Stylistics, I think of those classes :)

skylab

Esteemed
Well, I've taken the music through a quick look back at the 50's, 60's and 70's. By the early 70's I was working full time, so my knowledge of popular music during the 80's was limited to what I heard briefly on the radio, mostly disco-influenced, or the introduction of computerized music, or loops (like Stevie Wonder keyboard stuff). The Beatles stopped touring primarily for this reason....the studio effects at the time could not be duplicated for public performance. Now technology has caught up, but there were a lot of bands that slowly disappeared during the transition, though some made reunion tours later. Only groups with lots of cash, like the Stones, could continue with live concerts, and still deliver performances that sounded like their recordings. Thanks now to places like YouTube online, original archived performances can still be seen, remembered, and enjoyed....so enjoy the memories, and happy New Year everyone :)

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Linda :) Just finished dinner and noticed you had come online. I was wondering whether to use a yellow tint on Lucy's booth, or go with the natural appearing materials that are on the Lemonade Stand. Maybe it would be less toony if it had real world materials? Just a thought.

I'm very slowly making progress with my "real life projects"....but best to do it now, while I can take my time and think about what I'm doing, then to be rushed later, and totally consumed with it. I'm surprised at how many really good ideas are just coming to me, which helps a lot with goal-setting and preparation. I chuckle every time I hear the song for the Jefferson show..."well, we're moving on up....".....haha :whistling:

I did manage to rest some today....hallelujah. I'll take tonight and tomorrow to play with 3D and rest.

:angel:

skylab

Esteemed
Here's one from the early 80's....I used to speed type to this back in the day....haha....I had co-workers gather around and test me one time with this song....not a single error when the song was over....freaked them out. I always processed typing in my mind the same way I did playing a musical instrument, so it was all like the same thing to me. The last years of my career involved things other than typing, so I'm sure I lost the edge as time went on. Now I just piddle along with stiff fingers :) But every time I hear this song....can't help but remember when...