• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

DanaTA

Distinguished
I can't find any information regarding if CMS install takes up less HD space than DIM. So I asked on my ticket and also updated them that multi-man is working now but Bob still isn't. If CMS saves space, I'll uninstall everything I have left installed through DIM and reinstall in program with CMS. I seriously have way too much stuff! :p

It may take less room, I'm not sure. But I am sure that with the DIM, you have the zip files if you need to reinstall, or move things, or just get a file that was damaged. I don't think the CMS works that way. It may not give you the zip file. And you'll be doubling your bandwidth usage by downloading it all over again. If that matters to you.

Dana

Linda B

Extraordinary
A weary Viking warrior.
Old Weary Warrior_sm.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
That would indeed be a job, to start over with content. I've had to archive some of my Poser runtime in order to make more room for DS content. I just kept my props, environments and vehicles in Poser.

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
I can understand doing that. Though the runtimes of Poser and Studio are both heavy, the Poser scene files take up much more space than the Studio scene files (especially with animations), and the runtime content for human models (clothing and models) is the weightiest.

Linda B

Extraordinary
Oh no! I just realized I accidentally deleted my scene files for Turkbo and Troutman, along with my dragon age characters and Peanuts. And 3d Tali. :tantrum: Never even thought about moving the files. Well I'll have fun recreating all that.

skylab

Esteemed
Oh no....so sorry that happened Linda. Let me know if you need anything from me, for the Peanuts stuff.

Resting, and piddling with runtimes this afternoon. I think it will make sense to start a Studio backup external drive, and separate from the Poser archive, since the Poser drive is nearly full. If the Studio content is moved to a new drive, then the Poser stuff can all be together, instead of spilling over into a new drive. That's how stuff gets lost occasionally in my archive, during transitions. Starting a new Studio drive, and choosing to do it at the 2020 point will probably work. If whenever I have to physically relocate the drives, I'd have total confusion if I don't come up with a system that works for me. One project is labeling the outside of the external drives according to content, and color coding the kitchen set (pink) and workstation set (white). If I do it carefully now, then transporting/set-up will be much easier.

Linda B

Extraordinary
Good sorting/labeling system you've got there.

Being selective with what gets downloaded and installed for now.

Terre

Renowned
Good here. How's work going?
Busy. Mondelez decided to drop direct ship to all businesses with less than 100 stores so we're having to convert to ordering from AFI and have lost over half of the Nabisco products that our customers have gotten used to us having. Some we'll be able to get from a secondary supplier but not all. I'll find out which ones we need to try and get from them next week.
Oh no! I just realized I accidentally deleted my scene files for Turkbo and Troutman, along with my dragon age characters and Peanuts. And 3d Tali. :tantrum: Never even thought about moving the files. Well I'll have fun recreating all that.
Ouch. I hop that's not as hard a job as you expect.
Nice freebie, styled to look like the old IBM Selectric :)

TYPEWRITER

Cool!