• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Okay....I got my turkey this far....but I still haven't figured out how to make the feathers disappear. I can only guess that it must be a transparency setting somewhere...haha.

TURKEY SKIN.jpg

Linda B

Extraordinary
Yes, surface tab, opacity cutout or cutout opacity. It's down toward the bottom under the emissives setting I think. Use the "feathers" surface only. There are still some shiny bits showing but I liked it, kind of like the feather stem (I'm sure there's an anatomical name for it).

skylab

Esteemed
Oh thanks....I'll go on a search and seizure to find it....haha. Nice to learn those little tricks....they can always be applied later to many other projects :)

:angel:

skylab

Esteemed
Last year for the New Year celebration I posted a few dance tunes to get folks blood pumping and provide an online party for seniors. This year I may stretch it out some and do a little at a time in case folks are busy on New Years. My entire holiday has been different this year, so I'm just learning to do things when it strikes me.

I'm kicking it off with this video that's not so much a dance tune, but is a Tina Turner song that has dancing as a theme. I thought that the video effects were interesting and well done, while this guy turned his kitchen into a YouTube recording studio :)

skylab

Esteemed
Oh my goodness....a turkey shooter....hahaha. We'll revisit the turkeys as your "inspiration" hits :) I always bounce around between projects, always have....keeps the ideas fresh :)

:drawing:

Terre

Renowned
Hey Terre :) Wow, that's some trip for a man his age alone, and I guess he knows by now that he will have to make some changes. Change can be nearly as difficult as the consequences that we suffer by missing the signals for the need for change. One day, sometimes suddenly, age violates our independence, our schedule, our routine....and finally the way that we see ourselves, so that we have to yield to doing things differently. Been there and done that. I used to routinely drive that far alone, and thought nothing of it. Now I limit myself to a trip to the grocery store. I learned from my aunt and uncle's experience with that....they got their car stuck in the mud one time in a long driveway after a big rain, and one of them was on a walker needing knee replacement, and the other was very weak on a cane....and they were truly in a mess that took awhile to get out of. So when my time came to make some changes, I'd always ask myself what would I have to do if I got into a jam...and if the answer was something that was beyond my reasonable ability to do, then I chose not to do it.

:bee:
I hope he does. It would be better to drive to Lubbock which is only 100 miles away and deal with an extra plane change in my opinion.